Hey all, just narrowing down a specific date, but I’m looking at doing a reprise of my 2019 “Intro to Hand Planes” class ( Intro to hand planes ).
Due to COVID and distance requirements, I’m only comfortable with 2 pupils at a time. 100% of the class proceeds will go to VHS. I’m thinking the class will be about 2.5 hours long. It intends to cover the following:
- Basic theory of blades and relationship of hand planes to other tools
- Basic overview of wood properties as they relate to woodworking
- Anatomy of a hand plane.
- Sharpening and Setup of a hand plane (using honing guides, freehand will not be discussed/demonstrated)
- Accompanying devices and jigs for hand planes (shooting board, winding sticks, bench dogs)
- Basic form and procedure for flattening, shooting, and specialty cuts
If this is interesting to you, I’m going to be asking for pupils to contribute $50* to VHS. To register, please respond to this thread**. First class will be at 9:00, Second class will be at 12:30 and the last class (only if we need the extra time, so please book this last) will start at 3:30.
*All my classes I try to offer discounted course fees if possible, since there are no consumables in this class, please feel free to contribute whatever you can if $50 is too much. Your economic situation is your own and I will never ask you how much you contributed.
** Please consider your registration a non-refundable registration. Because the slots are so limited, I ask that any no-shows maintain their contribution. If for some reason I am unable to make the day, I will reschedule to make up the class.