Guaging interest in a Rhino 3D workshop on zoom

Hey everybody,
The covid has really pur the brakes on my hackspace time. So I was hoping to teach a workshop on something that might be useful for members. So this post is to see if there’s any interest in a workshop on Rhino 3D. It’s the program I use for modelling and 3d work. They have a 4 month trial version that can be downloaded here:

So I’ve never done one of these before especially on zoom so no promises on quality and I think my first workshop should be a “by donation to the space” endeavor.
We’ll start small so like 5-10 people.
If like to have a while to prepare so I’m thinking August 13th (Thursday)

Also I’ll take all the help I can get premoting this ect.

5 Likes

This is cool.

A quick poll to gauge interest for an Online Rhino Workshop.

• Yes I would attend
  • No I won’t attend
  • Undecided
0 voters

would you be up for non members to join?

Sure I’m open to that

1 Like

Thanks for that

1 Like

Rhino is an awesome CAD tool. I’m a big fan of it both for 3-D and 2-D drafting. It’s not parametric, but you can work around that by using construction lines and object snaps, which can be a lot faster and less frustrating for many applications (YMMV)

There’s also a wicked plug-in community, who have written everything from involute gear teeth builders to Grasshopper, which is a visual programming environment that is good for building generative algorithms.

Bonus: Rhino can be run off of the command line; no more digging through menus for your favourite commands.

The initial learning curve is pretty steep on this program, so it’s a really good idea to start off by taking a workshop, such as the one Tim is offering, where you can get your specific questions answered in real time.

https://www.food4rhino.com/

So I’m thinking cause this has been quiet that I’ll wait for less scary times or move to a more tempting topic then

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.