Greetings and Fun Admin Ideas

Hey VHS, I’m Jessica - a recently turned fan of VHS after meeting you at the Maker’s Faire this year.
My interests and projects in mind may be a tad uncommon for most people drawn to VHS.
My background is library and information science, and so what I would like to embark on at VHS are some fun and exciting information organization and administrative projects!

Here are plans I have on my radar to propose and work on with VHS in the near the future:

1. VHS document and records management (retrieval and storage)
  2. Site content management (w/ UX considerations)
  3. Member projects documentation and promotion

For the immediate time, I’m going to work on #1 and will be on a mad gathering hunt for data, documents and information from you for the next while. More details on this project to come as I devise a plan. In the meantime, feel free to contact me if you want to collaborate/assist with these admin type projects.

8 Likes

Hello Jessica

I’m Steven Smethurst we met at VHS the other night. Glad to have you helping us with some of our administrative problems.

Off the top of my head, VHS has the following documents that need to be collected, sorted and indexed.

• Meeting min from QGMs and AGMs
  • Business licence
  • Society documents
  • Insurance
  • lease documents for all the past locations
  • Contact info for BoD
  • Financial reviews that we do each QGM

I am sure there are more but these are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Also consider replying to this post

Hi @JWhu I am following up to see if you are still interested in help us with our documents archival problems

Hey @funvill, just been out of town in the Okanagan for the past while but am back now and operation archives is on. I’m going to put the call out for documents - you can send me what ever you have (files and google doc links) to archive.vhs@gmail.com.

I will be down at VHS this week, probably Tuesday, to explore the rather mysterious and alluring file cabinet.

This is an outline of the plan (we’re at Action 1).

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this, it is badly needed.

What’s the scope of the documents you’d like sent to that address?

Hey Jarrett,

As Steven had suggested, the following document types would be essential. In general, I’m casting the net wide and then making the call of what to keep after everything comes in. So the criteria is broad, anything related to VHS operations.

1 Like

Jessica - more thanks for doing this! :slight_smile: