Giving away my Fitbit Aria 1 Smart Scale (needs repair)

Hello, I live in Vancouver and I am giving away my Fitbit Aria 1 Smart scale. It needs repair and can be fixed by a 3d printed part.

I included more info in the CL ad:
vancouver dot craigslist dot org /van/ele/d/vancouver-fitbit-aria-smart-scale-free/7068701819.html

Please let me know if anyone at the Hack Space would like this project. Will give it free to someone, as long as they will actually repair it and use it themselves. or if you want to repair it and resell it that’s fine with me.

Feel free to email me at geoff.peters@gmail.com

Thanks,
Geoff

1 Like

Hey Geoff, Thanks for thinking of VHS. I’m sure there are a few of us here who could fix that. Quick question for you - have you ever been able to reset the wifi on the Aria 1?

I tried to fix one of these once and ran into trouble as I could not update the SSID/password, even after making sure I was only running a 2.4GHz network.

I agree it’s too bad about this design flaw. Kudos to you for trying to keep it out of a landfill.

Cheers

Hi Janet! Thank you :slight_smile: I think I found someone who wants it, he has another one with a broken Wifi module and can use mine for parts. When I turn it on with fresh batteries, it gives me the option of resetting the wifi on it, by tapping once on the scale. I presume that is how it could be done. Cheers, Geoff

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you found someone who can use it!

Yes thanks everyone at VHS! I found someone who can use the scale and fix it. So it’s no longer available. Really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks Geoff for stopping by and definitely feel free to hit us up if you have other items that are fixable, or would like to check out the space on any of our public open nights (every Tuesday). Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.