Fusion 360 Night - February 23rd 7:00-9:00pm

Never heard of Fusion360? Use it on every project? Somewhere in-between?
If the answer to any of those question is yes, then this night is for you!

I’m hosting a Fusion 360 night for VHS members*!
I’ll kick off the evening with an intro to Fusion360 demo. After that, we can play and share what we’ve done, or talk about how you can accomplish what you want to do.

If you would like to present something cool that you’ve done in Fusion360, feel free to contact me so I can update the agenda for the night.

Come on down to the space on Thursday, February 23rd from 7pm to 9pm; don’t be late if you new to Fusion360!

*While this is not an ‘open’ night; feel free to bring an interested friend. I don’t know if I’ll have enough helpers for a full-on open night; but we like involved makers. Just ensure your interested friend signs the waiver and gets the safety tour.

Yay!

8 Likes

Is there pre-workshop prep required? Do we need to install Fusion360 on our computer? What computer? Android, Apple, Microsoft? (So many questions!!!)

Thanks for doing the workshop!

I’m going to try to make this, thank you

While you can arrive and just watch; if you want to follow along, be sure to install Fusion360 and sign up for an account. Fusion360 is free for enthusiasts/startups/education; so as long as you aren’t making 100k/year you can sign up for free.

While there are versions of Fusion360 for OSX/Windows/Android/iOS/Web; you’ll want either the OSX or WIndows version for your laptop/desktop.

Go here, click “download free trial” and follow all steps until you can open the application.

If you don’t have it set up before the night; you can just watch.
See you there!

1 Like

I’m in for this eve as well.

I just discovered how to center a circle inside a rectangle using construction lines in a sketch today! Woot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be there!

2 Likes

I’m also in! Woo!

2 Likes

I’m in. I’m also probably going to bring a friend or two

2 Likes

Reminder!

This is tonight. I think @mike indicated he won’t be able to attend, but I’ll be there along with @Jarrett, @rsim, @Majicj, and probably a few more people who are pretty handy with Fusion360.

Bring your projects and questions!

2 Likes

It’s gonna be fun. I don’t know what the schedule will be like, but we’ll ask people what they want!

We can just nerd out about CAD, or someone can do a quick demo, show off projects, all that cool stuff

1 Like

Thanks, @lukecyca for the great demo! When I get home I’ll install Fusion360 and design a bottle opener. :grin:

1 Like

Glad it was useful!

If anyone wants to see the silly, unprepared, off-the-cuff bottle opener we made, I’ve shared the model here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.