First of all we’d like to thank our community for their support in these uncertain times. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 has developed, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our regularly scheduled open houses for the remainder of March, after which we will reassess the situation. The hackspace continues to be open for regular members.
As always, the most reliable and up-to-date sources of information are trustworthy public health authorities such as:
- Health Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- The BC Centre for Disease Control http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
Symptoms of COVID-19 include: coughing, fever, difficulty breathing, and fatigue.
If you’re worried you may be infected, or have recently travelled to a site that has been affected, please stay home and call your doctor or dial 8-1-1 to talk to a nurse.
At the moment the best advice we can give our community is for people to continue to follow the recommendations of public health officials:
- Wash your hands regularly, using soap and water or alcohol swabs.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your mouth or face with unwashed hands.
- Regularly clean shared workspaces and tools.
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
Board of Directors