Fun electronics up for grabs

It’s time to offload some stuff from projects that never materialised.

These are all free, with two conditions:

• They don’t make their way to VHS
  • If you do something cool with them, you have to post about it in the [Projects] category on Talk

I’ll add more to this thread as I come across it.

eBike battery (originally came from another VHS member, awhile ago):

I have not tested it, and no idea on the quality of the cells, buyer beware (it’s free).

A brushless hub motor:

This came from an electric tricycle company that went bust in maybe 2016.
I did spin it up once, it’s super cool.

Motor controller for the same:

1 Like

HP Compaq

Low powered computer, I used this as my in-house Linux server for many years, to handle all of my internal development. It’s quiet and has a nice form factor, so it fit the bill, despite the whatever specs.

Yes, yes, I know I posted the Vista key. I don’t think anyone cares.
Comes without CD drive or HD.

2 Likes

Cough,

If people are looking for inspiration.

2 Likes

I’d love to take the whatever-spec Compaq to use as a home server for various projects.

1 Like

I’ll get that to VHS in the next couple days with your name on it

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

Hi Jarrett,
Thank you for offering it, I would like the A brushless hub motor, Motor Controller and the eBike battery for a project that I had in mind. I have been away from VHS from some time due to an accident, so I will try to come on weekend (if my back permits).

Thanks,
RK

Hi Rahul,

Sorry about your back. These will preferentially go to a VHS member, but if no one else claims them by the time I’m able to drop them off, then they are all yours.

Hi Jarrett,

No worries, let me know.
Thanks!

A bunch of LCDs

There are two main sets here. I think standard 40 pin flex cables, they plug into most Raspberry Pi-ish or other SBC systems.

Bigger one:

Smaller one:

These ones come attached to some (factory defective) smart thermostats that they have to be removed from, but it’s straightforward. There are like 50 of them in a box.

If anyone wants these, you get the whole box.

1 Like

Various high quality mechanical components:

These came off some sort of medical equipment.

(No picking and choosing please, just grab it all!)

Beefy linear rail

Big stepper, encoder, and chain output. I think I have two of these

Lead screw with tapered bearings

Particularly looking at @Hekseskudd for these, hint hint

I think these are all yours, by the way. I’ll let you know when I’m able to drop them off at VHS, it might be a week or so.

Hi Jarrett,

Thank you, I would love the “Big stepper, encoder, and chain output”, restarting hacking, programming, and fun activities!

Thanks,
RK

I could make use of the lcds if they can be attached to rpis. Are they still around?

2 Likes