(FULL)Workshop Wednesday Nov 27: Screen Printing Basics

For those who attended, I highly recommend you buddy up with someone knowledgable before you start working on the tools. It is good to have someone look at your use/posture/etc to make sure you absorbed what you observed.

Just reach out on slack or VHS when you intend to be in the shop and try to coordinate a time.

Hi @yeungx,
The guest who wanted to attend is not coming for Wed, Nov 27th Screen Printing workshop, so a SPOT HAS OPENED up.
Thanks!

Hi: @yeungx.

I just realized I am doubled booked for this Weds so I won’t be able to make it.

Very sorry about this as I wanted to find out more about this process,

Mark

No worries. a smaller class will be better as it is my first time teaching screen printing.

2 Likes

Ok everyone. The screen printing workshop is tomorrow. I need an key holding member as an underliner to make sure the space is open. I would prefer to get access to the space at 5 to make sure i can do final preparations.

Thank you all for signing up, I hope to have a successful event.

3 Likes

Hey I’m also kindof screwed for tomorrow In That I’m car pooling with a coworker (bus strike) and will be unable to leave in time.to make it in. so if you got anybody waiting for my space give it to them

So sorry about that I’m really miffed I’ll be missing this one

I’ll open the space and make some shirts, sounds amazing, thanks for arranging this! See you tomorrow at 5!

5 Likes

Power lines are down many places from wind. Stuck in traffic really bad, seems too late to make it to the workshop!

Awesome tutorial thanks

1 Like

Nice one Yeung! Thanks for putting this on!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ZcbQ7BDco/

1 Like

I am glad everyone had fun. If there are interest I will keep putting on workshops. And as the setup at the hackspace improves, i will keep updating the workflow. Thanks for coming to the workshop. I had a blast.

5 Likes

Hey @yeungx thanks so much for you and Hazel for doing the walk through.

I have cleaned up a bit of my notes / videos from the session. Let me know if any of these images/video are not okay being public. If you could help dot my i’s and cross my t’s, I will clean up for the wiki:

Really well done, appreciate your knowledge, guidance, and enthusiasm.

3 Likes

Thanks for the demo @yeungx, it was amazing! I can’t believe you got there on only 2 months, it was one of the slickest demos/workshops I’ve been to

1 Like

Hey I don’t have access to that google doc. my Gmail is yeungx87@gmail.com please give access to that account and I will look it over.

Ok I went over the notes, cleaned it up, and added information that I missed during the workshop.

I also added the links to the ink supplier as well as the Tshirt blank supplier. Also I updated a lot of the links in the article to the direct link to that product from the supplier.

This should be a pretty good starting point.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.