Free carpentry, construction & joinery training for women

Tradeworks/Open Door Group has seats available for its next Women In Trades Training (WITT) program starting on April 16th. This is a free 10 week employment program that prepares women for a job in the construction or joinery trades and includes training in basic carpentry, construction and joinery skills along with resume and interview skills. Graduates of the program have been very successful in gaining industry related employment or have gone on to further education at BCIT.

Please see the attached poster for program eligibility and contact information. There will be info sessions at the Tradeworks facility in Strathcona where you can find out more details and benefits of the program.

Despite what the poster and website says, the next WITT program starts on April 16th, not April 3rd.

5 Likes

I forgot to mention; I passed this on to my physical therapist; she sent it to a couple women that might be interested. Thanks for sending this out!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.