Finish early Bonus:Paid to learn Zephyr Project RTOS on B-L475E-IOT01A

can you give me the commands you did

or

you can restart from a fresh clone

or

you can wait until we meet Saturday

your choice

I think it was git pull.

then is systematically went through every folder in the tree, deleted makefile (hundreds) and added Cmakefile.txt instead.

I would copy the output here but VMware player wont allow copy/paste to the host OS. Nor does it allow snapshots, I guess because its a free product. Not does vmware tools work, its pretty dumb/frustrating. So I have a backup of my vmdk file from much earlier might just start using that.

Ok Tim, looks like the entire primary Github Zephyr project repository has changed, replacing Makefile’s with CMakefiles.txt … not sure what this means but its broke my attempts. -B

CMakeLists.txt is used by CMake - it’s basically a make replacement, sort of. You can either use CMake to do the build for you, or you can get it to generate platform-specific projects (e.g. Makefiles, Visual Studio projects, etc) and then use the platforms normal build procedure instead.

did you run

git checkout v1.9.0
or
git checkout v1.9.1

after the pull to checkout the correct version of the repo

Thanks for the tips. I restored my VM from an earlier version, but none of the examples work, Ive backtracked and rerun various steps, the make BOARD= works but the openocd-stm32 stuff is borked. Aborting, rather read a book or bake a pie.

Can you create a common shared folder between the host OS and the guest OS and “image” your guest OS “computer” to this folder (will only work for future images)?

== Log Data from Temperature & Humidity Sensor ==
Go to zephyr directory and execute command:
(1) “cd ~/zephyr/samples/sensor/hts221”

(2) Edit the Makefile and change the board name as shown:
BOARD ?= disco_l475_iot1

(3) $ make

(4) An output file “zephyr.bin” (to be downloaded on the STM32L475 board) will be created (built) in “~/zephyr/samples/sensor/hts221/outdir/disco_l475_iot1”.

(5) Go to the directory by executing command “cd ~openocd-stm32”.

(6) Connect the STM32L475 board to the computer USB port via the “USB STLINK” port.

(7) FLash the board by executing the command “sudo stm32_flsh l4 /home/craftsman/zephyr/samples/sensor/hts221/outdir/disco_l475_iot1/zephyr.bin”.

(8) Enter the command “screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200”, your PC Terminal (Screen) should show the Temperature and Humidity Readings.

Screenshot:

Hi Zephyrers,

Please sign up for the Zephyr Mailing lists of your interest at:
https://lists.zephyrproject.org/mailman/listinfo
Thanks,
RK

thanks for the info, Richard :wink:

Hi Zephyrers,

Next Sat (Nov 18th, 3:30 pm at VHS) Tim will be covering the mechanics of Large Software Projects such as Zephyr RTOS such as:
(1) How to use GIT
(2) Mailing List
(3) Autogeneration of MakeFile: autoconf & automake
(4) cmake to generate a build system

Thanks,
RK

Hi Zephyrers,

Next to next Sat (Nov 25th, 3:30 pm at VHS), Tim is planning to cover I2C (Bus Communication Protocol: Inter IC communication, Sensor to Microprocessor communication).

Thanks,
RK

I’ll be there! Nice job everyone. Looks like I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

Not really Marc, I’ve got blinky, button, hello world and temp/humidity working.

Haven’t figured out how to get LIS3MDL doing anything but it says somewhere its powered down be default. As for the barometer LPS22HB, I got it the code to “find it”, but reading it caused a hard error, not in the c code but actually right on the board and reported to console. So it compiles ok, just doesnt work after that. And I wasnt really doing anything much, very simple code.

-bob

This is why Nov25 I will teaching how to program LIS3MDL I2C

I will be practicing LISMDL I2C myself this weekend after I teach people
how to use the cmake build. Which will be used in the next stable version
of zephry.

Good news, everyone!

The Disco board can now be flashed directly - no more messing around with OpenOCD directly:

http://docs.zephyrproject.org/boards/arm/disco_l475_iot1/doc/disco_l475_iot1.html

Navigate to source code:

$ cd $ZEPHYR_BASE/samples/hello_world

Make a build directory, and use cmake to configure a Make-based build system:

$ mkdir build && cd build
$ cmake -DBOARD=disco_l475_iot1 …

Now run make on the generated build system:

$ make
$ make flash

GOOD NEWS

I guess the SDK update fixed it.

You have an extra dot on the cmake command.

cmake -DBOARD=disco_l475_iot1 …

If you have any problems
remember the mailing list and
irc

https://www.zephyrproject.org/developers/how-to-contribute/#community-guidelines

Looks like a Discord formatting issue.
One period.
Two period…
Three period…

(It should be two periods)