Fan Review

I knew we had a lot of fans, but I was not prepared for this! We have 49 fans! 34 of them of current stored in unsuitable locations. Only 14 are somewhat “installed” or located in places where they aren’t in the way. I’m sure I missed some.

3 in the Front entrance

Proposal: keep the box fan and raffle off the other two

• Strong agree
  • Mild agree
  • Don’t care
  • Mild disagree
  • Strong disagree
0 voters

2 Window air conditions

Proposal: raffle off both

• Strong agree
  • Mild agree
  • Don’t care
  • Mild disagree
  • Strong disagree
0 voters

Wall of 7 fans

Proposal: Keep?

7 Large mobile fans

Proposal: raffle off some of these

• Raffle all of them
  • Raffle 5 of them
  • Raffle 3 of them
  • Raffle 1 of them
  • Keep them all
0 voters

Double box fan tower

Proposal: raffle this off

• Strong agree
  • Mild agree
  • Don’t care
  • Mild disagree
  • Strong disagree
0 voters

12+ Random blowers

Proposal: raffle all of these

• Strong agree
  • Mild agree
  • Don’t care
  • Mild disagree
  • Strong disagree
0 voters

Two nicely installed ventilation booths

Three nicely installed fans

Two nicely installed air purifier and one small one

Proposal: raffle off the small one

• Strong agree
  • Mild agree
  • Don’t care
  • Mild disagree
  • Strong disagree
0 voters

7 Random ones

Proposal: keep 3 of the metal ones and raffle the rest

• Strong agree
  • Mild agree
  • Don’t care
  • Mild disagree
  • Strong disagree
0 voters
2 Likes

If the ACs don’t fit in any of the windows they should go imo.

One of the AC’s came with the building so we should return it to the LL or ask before it gets chucked.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that one got tossed, but yes, good plan to check with LL.

Aside: Also if anyone has a portable AC they want to donate/long term loan us that would be great. Then we could make the kitchen and front office area more useable for the summer. Would also require putting the door at the top of the stairs back on.

2 Likes

I’m happy to donate a portable air conditioner that I have. It will be an unconditional donation and the space does not need to check with me to dispose it off whenever the time comes. We’ll have to work around finding a way to vent the unit. When I checked very briefly, all the glasses in the front office are solid panels.

3 Likes

That would be amazing thanks @adheesh. Maybe between the two of us we can figure out venting…possibly the kitchen window. It’s be nice to make the front area more comfortable.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll get it along with me on Friday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome I will be in Friday so will see you then. Is there anyone on here who has a sense of what is the best set up for space cooling and how many fans we need and where? If we close off the front of the space with the door that needs glass replaced…we can cool that area. Then for the rest of the joint we’d be looking at getting airflow through the place from the side door to the back or vice versa. Seems to me the giant floor fans plus the wall of fans near the side door are best for that.

1 Like

Is this a blower, or a box fan?

1 Like

Missed counting all the various CPU fans?

I’m of the opinion the double stacked box fans in the wood shop should go. While its nice to have them operating when it’s hot the temptation is to leave the backdoor open while they’re in operation when we should be mindful of things like noise and security. I’d also say one of the bigger fans would probably move just as much air.

3 Likes

Can we keep this one?

It’s beat up but It’s a heater and works quite nicely in the winter time for that front office.

5 Likes

Question: Could any of these fans go in the attic to draw hot air out the vent up at the roof at the back of the space?

1 Like