Excess Unclaimed Laser Cutter Materials

First off, I’d like to thank @Emerson, @baptiste, @Majicj, @Hekseskudd and any other folks who have tried to clean up the laser cutter storage.

That being said, I don’t think it’s a scalable solution to redistribute the materials throughout VHS.

Originally, it started off as an overgrown, unsorted pile that had overgrown the laser cutter storage. That got worse when a huge influx of off cut material acrylic and Lexan got dropped off at VHS:

The pile was sorted, but unfortunately material to be reclaimed was stacked directly against and in front of the lathe, blocking it completely:

Another batch of leftover wood got stashed in the area by the boiler room door, which pretty much blocked access to the shelves and equipment back there:

It was soon joined by three giant pieces of Lexan, with labels for @Rebel_without_Clause and @Hekseskudd:

After folks got tired of having the lathe blocked, they restacked it again, this time on top of the heavy cart:

So, here’s my proposal. Folks have had 10 days to root through it and reclaim it. Anything that hasn’t been named, dated, and stored properly where it’s not blocking equipment should be thrown out.

Note that Lexan is NOT a laserable material and should not be stored in the laser materials storage.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Sorry, I have had some back issues and so not been able to claim and remove the Lexan. Hopefully I can come tomorrow/Tue and remove it.
Thanks!

I was moving around all this plywood and lexan in the back area behind wood workshop yesterday as there was no way to get access to metal scrap beans under the shelf. Now its all there but at least you can stand and have access to the shelf.

Regarding this over date pile of plywood if you decide to throw it out I could claim some of them and take them home for future projects.

Also it would be nice to keep maybe 10% of this pile as a free source for people who is just trying laser cutter or like sacrifice material?

@Dmo

None of it is named or dated, so please take it home as soon as possible.

There is already a free section in the laser cutter storage that is full of materials.

Hm… I’ve seen most of them is named but outdated. If it’s decided to let it go then ok.

Outdated is the same as unnamed. Old materials are abandoned. If we don’t allow abandoned materials to be used, then we will have to move, because our space won’t have room for all of the people, because it will be full of materials. Please please please use materials older than six months. It’s not a dick move, it’s part of the system.

5 Likes

Gotcha, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.