Espresso Machine available (needs new pump)

Hello,
Hope there is enough interest in an Espresso machine (may be not for members whose spouse has involuntarily enrolled them in a coffee abstinence/Detox program):
I can pick up a used Gaggia Classic Espresso machine and Baratza Virtuoso Grinder. The espresso machine needs a new pump. Any experience with Espresso machine repairs appreciated!
Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks,
RK

Is this a machine you’re looking to give away to a member? Or to have at VHS? AFAIK there is already a cappuccino machine at the space, although I’ve never used it. I don’t need another machine myself, but I’m sure I could find a foster home for them.

I have some experience repairing these machines. I recently replaced the pump in my Rancilio Silvia. Almost all machines of this size use the ULKA EP5 or EX5 vibratory pump. The closest I could find on AliExpress was the ULKA EP4, which has slightly less flow but higher pressure. My coffee nerd friends thought that was probably ok, so I’ve been using that for the last few months. It works great but subjectively it seems a bit louder. I bought two of the pumps and will be using the other to repair a Gran Gaggia .

The Gaggia Classic uses the Gaggia “CP3A” orange pump, but it looks identical to the Ulka and they’re likely interchangeable [citation needed].

Hi Luke,
Thanks for the repair tips!
This was intended for the space, but there is already one (didn’t know that).
It is no longer available.
Best,
RK

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.