Janome and Serger Foot Pedal and Power

DEALUN CO. LTD. IMPULSE SEALER Model CD-200 Serial No 11313

Miscellaneous Supplies, Measure Tapes

Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 Wheeled Carrying Case

Brother Sewing Machine Foot Pedal

Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 (Front)

Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 Parts

Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 (Back)

Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 Foot Pedal (in Carrying Case)

Sewing Machine Manuals (Janome, Brother)

Container of Fishing Line

Box of Sewing Supplies (Thread spools)

Spade poly box of Thread spools

Procor Silex Single Burner Hotplate

Box of Miscellaneous Sewing Supplies

Box of Craft Supplies (Stencils)

Glass container of paints (latex)

Dirty pillow with no case

Tape wrapped aluminum pipes?

6 plastic bottles of Tempura paint and a jar (most are low, white colour is nearly full)

Unknown contraption of wood and heavy fabric

Heavily folded Maker Faire banner

As always, we attempt to gain consensus on what to keep or retire. If you have used any of the tools listed, please mention them, their usefulness, and their level of repair.

Equipment Action
Huskystar Husqvarna Viking EM10 (Front) ???
Singer Model 656G MOTOR 65W ???
Singer 5805C (Front) ???
Brother Innovis 80 Model NS80 (Front) ???
Janome MyLock Model 234D (Front) ???
Janome and Serger Foot Pedal and Power ???
DEALUN CO. LTD. IMPULSE SEALER Model CD-200 Serial No 11313 ???
Miscellaneous Supplies, Measure Tapes ???
Brother Sewing Machine Foot Pedal ???
Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 (Front) ???
Sewing Machine Manuals (Janome, Brother) ???
Container of Fishing Line ???
Box of Sewing Supplies (Thread spools) ???
Spade poly box of Thread spools ???
or Silex Single Burner Hotplate ???
Box of Miscellaneous Sewing Supplies ???
Box of Craft Supplies (Stencils) ???
Glass container of paints (latex) ???
Dirty pillow with no case ???
Tape wrapped aluminum pipes? ???
6 plastic bottles of Tempura paint and a jar (most are low, white colour is nearly full) ???
Unknown contraption of wood and heavy fabric ???
Heavily folded Maker Faire banner ???

Any sewing machine feet are worth keeping. The one pictured (Janome) is a walking foot which is very useful for sewing stretch fabrics. It’s worth about 15 bucks. I would say the sewing machines are all worth keeping however the older ones are probably in need of service. The embroidery machine I believe belongs to @davonna and she has loaned it to the space.

Tempera paint - donate (if you put with other paints I can deal with it)
Glass container of paint - please put with craft supplies and I will deal with it.

1 Like

These two for sure work. If the space should decide not to keep them, I will take them back.

1 Like

Embroidery machine is in excellent shape it just needs to be plugged into a computer that can run windows xp

1 Like

If the space doesn’t want embroidery machine will take home. Also if no one claims the sewing machine travel case with wheels I can most definitely use it.

If love to have an operational embroidery machine available

Get rid of the pillow, and the maker faire banner.

Hey guys, late to the party but here’s the latest list:

Equipment Action
Huskystar Husqvarna Viking EM10 (Front) ???
Singer Model 656G MOTOR 65W ???
Singer 5805C (Front) ???
Brother Innovis 80 Model NS80 (Front) ???
Janome MyLock Model 234D (Front) ???
Janome and Serger Foot Pedal and Power ???
Brother Sewing Machine Foot Pedal ???
Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 (Front) ???
Sewing Machine Manuals (Janome, Brother) ???
Proctor Silex Single Burner Hotplate ???
Glass container of paints (latex) ???
Dirty pillow with no case Retire
Tape wrapped aluminum pipes? Retire
6 plastic bottles of Tempura paint and a jar (most are low, white colour is nearly full) Donate
Unknown contraption of wood and heavy fabric Retire
Heavily folded Maker Faire banner Retire

Are all the sewing machines complete, and in good working order? Are any of them not working or really troublesome?

Damn…i really wanted that dirty pillow…lol

1 Like

I haven’t been reading lately so missed this the first time. The Janome 6019 belongs in the black wheeled case. I’m assuming that it was put back in there, along with all its pieces! The walking foot also belongs with that machine.

What’s missing from the photos is a big acrylic piece that was under the sewing machine bench. It also goes with the 6019 Janome machine. It connects to the machine to make a big work surface. If I remember correclty, it was in a clear plastic bag.

That machine is (or was!) in good working order. Definitely keep.

I’m not sure if the hotplate was moved there from above the tool shelves (last I saw it was with the big pot on top of the tool shelves) or if it’s a different hotplate. If it’s the only hotplate in the space, I say keep it. It’s been used a couple times to make machinable wax, which is what the big pot is for.

The Singer 5808C works great - use it lots.
The Serger is also really useful and now I know how it works, would like to use it again.
Manuals are important for these, too. Good to have access to supplies, when other stuff goes missing.

If anyone knows if the fancier machines can finish shirt sleeve ending’s (a la typical t-shirt), that would be good b/c I want to cut the worn ends of some long sleeve shirts to make short ones.

@bobster747. You can totally do that with a regular machine. Might need a walking foot though because you are sewing jersey. I usually stitch witch (adhesive tape) the seam and then sew over the top with a double needle (which I think we have) to replicate a real tshirt seam (2 rows of stitches). Might be tight in the upper arm as there is not much fabric there but you should try it!

Some of those machines have taken a real beating so I do think they need cleaned, the timing checked, and oiled. Also replacing all the needles is probably a good idea. Pretty sure we have needles.

Thanks Janet, actually I’m not sewing jersey, these are long sleeved shirts of regular cotton with worn out elbows (only thing). I’m cutting just above the elbow but I noticed t-shirts had a nice serged edge on one side and regular thread on the visible side - havent seen much online about this, or if this is done by a sewing machine at all. I guess I could serge the edge, then fold it over and sew that with a regular stitch back onto itself - hey thanks maybe thats the answer.

1 Like

I’m gonna pull a “someone should” here and propose that someone set up a night where us sewing people meet up and check out all the machines/service them.

2 Likes

@Bobster747, you need a special type of serger for that hem, an overlock machine. I don’t know whether the serger at the space can do overlocking.

You can use a twin needle on a regular machine. I haven’t done that myself, but I keep meaning to learn how to do it. You can look that up online.

And now back to the equipment review. Let’s pick a sunny evening do check out the machines! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone who commented on using machines!

Here is the updated list;

Equipment Action
6 plastic bottles of Tempura paint and a jar (most are low, white colour is nearly full) Donate
Brother Innovis 80 Model NS80 (Front) Keep
Brother Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Keep
Huskystar Husqvarna Viking EM10 (Front) Keep
Janome and Serger Foot Pedal and Power Keep
Janome Model 6019 No 41006624 Keep
Janome MyLock Model 234D (Serger) Keep
Proctor Silex Single Burner Hotplate Keep
Sewing Machine Manuals (Janome, Brother) Keep
Singer 5805C (Front) Keep
Singer Model 656G MOTOR 65W Keep
Dirty pillow with no case Retire
Glass container of paints (latex) Retire
Heavily folded Maker Faire banner Retire
Tape wrapped aluminum pipes? Retire
Unknown contraption of wood and heavy fabric Retire

Can anyone comment if materials like the Spade box of threads is okay, or the miscellaneous craft supplies are still good?

Has anyone used the DEALUN bag sealer?

I don’t recall seeing the Spade box of threads before, so they are possibly “new” and therefore good. Maybe someone brought them in for costumes?
Keep all the miscellaneous sewing supplies. Some of the spools may need to be weeded out, but most of the supplies should be okay.

Keep the fishing line. It can be used in some costumes, as well as crafts. Unless someone actually wants it for fishing. :slight_smile:

The plastic thing in one of the sewing supply boxes actually belongs with one of the machines, the Brother, I think. I do see some spools that could probably be thrown out.

I’m not sure about the stencils, though.

I’ll try to make it down this weekend to go through the sewing stuff. I know others have already looked through it (thanks,everyone!) but I’ll take a look as well.

I went through a couple of the boxes of sewing materials on Sunday. Put the thread spools into one box along with sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, and some bobbins. The needles and bobbins are in one of the smaller plastic sewing boxes.

The spools in the Spade box are good. The box is too big to fit in the plastic bin, and the spools won’t stand up on their own, so I left them in the Spade box for now.

Another box now contains dressmaking pins, tape measures, some buttons, and other miscellaneous items. There are some jewelry findings in there, which will probably need to be put elsewhere.

I put the Brother stitch legend piece in the box with the foot pedal, and labeled the Brother sewing table extension.

The serger can do overlocking. With t shirts usually stitch raw end with server, fold in edge of sleeve hem and straight stitch on sewing machine

1 Like