Electronics area is expanding! SMD Alley

Hi everyone!

Big changes happening in the electronics area today. We’re adding another row of workbenches to create a new home for the Essemtec electronics equipment we received recently: https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/essemtec-tool-donation-screen-printer-pick-place-re-flow-oven/12788

Apologies in advance for monopolizing the centre table for the next 24 hours, it turns out that the electronics benches hold a lot of stuff! I had to remove the items from the electronics bench to move them. Thanks to Ed, Kevin, and Phillip for the help moving stuff today!

How you can help:
-the electronics area needs to be re-combobulated, i.e. equipment and bins need to go back onto the bench and shelves. I’ll post some photos later this evening of how things were before we removed them.
-the new bench needs to be set up. Note: we’re missing one of the brackets for the bench surface, but since we have two benches butted together I think we can get away with using only one bracket in the middle if we improvise a solution. This will be easier than fabricating a replacement bracket.

12 Likes

This is so amazing! Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

I cut and welded some gussets to the bench feet this morning

@sampath is currently working on anchoring the new benches to the wall and adding the shelves to it.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.