Dust Collector Fundraiser

During the last QGM a proposal to fund our Dust Collector from the VHS operating budget was accepted. This means that money raised for the dust collector would be matched up to 2000 to pay for a new Dust collector for the woodshop. So it’s time for the membership to start raising some money for this initiative. My hope is we have somewhere between 3-4 thousand dollars to spend to get something large enough with a hepa filter and be able to purchase it with money readily approved to spend.

The good news is that I do believe the community at VHS is willing to help chip into this fundraising effort. In prior talk posts many of you committed to donating money to VHS for this. I myself have previously donated about $600 through cutting board workshops I ran last Christmas for this specific purpose.

If you are willing to donate to this effort please help out and leave a note on how much you are willing to contribute.

Many thanks!!
Woodshop Committee

3 Likes

Put me down for $250

2 Likes

I also have another $150 to throw in from my last round of cutting board workshops i ran. this donation is funded by @WalnutsAndPecans @Beaconman @Rebel_without_Clause and @melm.

2 Likes

I’ll be sending $50, as part of my tablesaw and jointer/planer training.

3 Likes

Same as Justin I’ll be putting $50 in. Maybe more next month once I work out my finances!

2 Likes

Put me down for $50

I don’t use the wood shop a lot, but improving the dust situation will improve the usability of the entire space!

6 Likes

Ditto for $50.00

3 Likes

$50 from me

3 Likes

$50 from me.

3 Likes

I’ll throw in $100 (and thanks again for the woodshop training!)

3 Likes

put me down for $50 I will drop the money off Saturday

2 Likes

I’ll kick in for $100.

2 Likes

Funds pledged so far: $950

Just a note @Ficus_mischievous (i think) asked about the process of funding this in Slack. Once we meet some rough funding goal (3500 or 4000 ish total) I’ll put out a message via talk to send an email money transfer to someone for purchasing the Dust Collector.

1 Like

This is the one i have my eye on right now. We would still need to buy a Hepa filter and there are just two left in the lower mainland. The sale ends October 31st so i am feeling some time crunch in getting this fundraiser funded.

6 Likes

I will also do $50.

3 Likes

$100 from me

1 Like

I’m in for $50

2 Likes

I’m in for $100

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for contributing - and thanks to VHS for matching our donations.

So far we have raised $1350.00 in this round of funding.
I have previously raised $600 via cutting board workshops.

So in total we raised 1950 via member donations. With VHS funds topping us off - we’re at 3900. The dust collector i posted above is $3694.88 after tax. So we have enough money to buy the DC.

That being said - lets send the email money transfers into directors@vanhack.ca. We’ll be setting up net 30 terms with KMS and work on the next steps. Once you send in your pledge please reply to this talk thread and i’ll cross names off the list.

@Stefan - 100 - Sent
@Pat - 50 - Sent
@lukecyca - 100 - Sent
@Atlas - 50 - Sent
@bcam - 100 - Sent
@tdwebste - 50 (might be in the donation bin??)
@nicochecko - 100 - Sent
@Majicj - 50 - Sent
@ddq - 50 - Sent
@Tamara_VA7ETR - 50 - Sent
@cory - 50 - Sent
@DOK - 50
@Justin - 50 - Sent
@Phillip_Ma - 150 - Sent
@JohnC - 250 - Sent
@Kris_Clark - 100 - Sent
@WDaynes - 100
@Phillip_Ma - 500 - Sent (donated via 2023 cutting board workshops)

The next funding milestone is to also pay for some of the electrical. Our resident @KittyCat suggested the cost will be another 300 for that so the fundraiser is still ongoing.

CC: woodshop committee

1 Like

I can do $100 -sent

4 Likes