Donation request for VHS - USB keyboards (or to spend $25 of VHS money if not)

Folks,

We’re really short of usb keyboards at the space. Perhaps someone works somewhere with piles of them in the corner? Ideally it would be good if we can get enough to keep as a set for Pi workshops (say 10). At a minimum we need 4 or so to use for various purposes.

Please make sure they’re new or lightly used with all keys working.

Thanks,
Tom

ps. did I miss a pile of them somewhere, I’ve encountered a few people looking for them over the last few months, hence this post.

1 Like

I we don’t get a suitable donation in a week, requesting to spend $25 of VHS money on 4 cheap keyboards eg. ATIC Computers - Keyboards / HP - 434821-002 - Basic Vista Keyboard (Silver/Black)

1 Like

I’ve sent an email to Free Geek to see if they might donate ten USB keyboards to our cause.

We might as well buy used keyboard from free geek or the hackery rather than add to our collective waste.

I’ve scored freegeek keyboards for an art project before. They are usually
in pretty disgusting shape but work just fine. We could always clean em’
up. Thanks for requesting the donation @lykecyca.

I’ll see if I can get some from Geep who I buy used PC & laptops from

Free Geek says they have some for us. Just gotta pick them up. Will try to do that this week sometime.

1 Like

Picked up ten keyboards which were donated to us by Free Geek today. Thank you to Robert, Karen, and the rest of the staff there. They have hundreds of these and were happy to help us out. They’re clean too!

I’ve placed them on the top shelf with the monitors.

5 Likes