DIY Drone/QuadCopter and parts for donation

I have created DIY Drone/QuadCopter by putting all the components together about 5 years ago. The goal was to operate it with more accessible input methods, but I ran to few issues on communication side, and I basically used it only two times. I decided to switch to commercial drones to use all the smart features built-in and operation through smartphone.

I am hoping to donate it to someone to finish or use the parts for another project. It includes main parts and few additional components including battery charger, extra propellers, cables.

Here’s the picture of Drone:

Here are the parts:

1. Flight Controller: CRIUS ALL IN ONE PRO v2.0 AIOP

2. Frame: REPTILE500-V3 Quad-Copter Frame With Crab Landing Gear

3. Motors: AX-2810Q-750KV Brushless Quadcopter Motor

4. Battery:Turnigy 4000mAh 4S 40C Lipo Pack

5. ESC:Afro ESC 30Amp Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware)

6. Propeller: HobbyKing Slowfly Propeller 10Ă—4.5 Black (CW/CCW) (4pcs)

7. Transmitter and Receiver: Turnigy 5X 5Ch Mini Transmitter and Receiver

8. Charger: Turnigy B6 PRO 50W 6A Balance Charger

9. Power Distribution Board: Hobby King Octocopter Power Distribution Board

10. UBEC: HOBBYWING RC UBEC 5V 6V 3A Max 5A Lowest RF Noise BEC

11. Bluetooth:CRIUS MWC Multiwii SE Naza32 CC3D FC Bluetooth Parameter CRIUSs FCs

12. GPS: Crius U-blox NEO-6M V3.1 GPS Module for MWC MultiWii

The Drone firmware is MultiWii 2.4 and the GPS firmware is configured. It only requires calibration of controller parameters.

Let me know if you are interested.

6 Likes

Here’s the setup diagram:

6 Likes

I would love to take this off your hands. I have been wanting to learn more about DIY drone construction and operation, with the goal of making a basic open source mapping/photography drone to experiment and play with. Eventual possibly impossible goal is to make a miniaturized <250g version with similar functionality to the commercial drones, but without being tied to proprietary components.

Happy to contribute beverages of your choice!

2 Likes

@miladh that’s very generous of you! Thanks for offering that to a VHSer. If you ever need anything from VHS let me know.

2 Likes

@ddq You can have it since you are the first person who is interested and have a good plan. You can definitely use it the way it is by getting new batteries, but you probably want to update the frame and flight controller to optimize it for photography.

I will message you with contact information and I have the links and some instructions that I can send you to get you started.

Don’t worry about the beverage , a small donation to BC Children’s Hospital would be nice if you want to contribute.

3 Likes

@Janet Glad to see the parts be used in a project rather than sitting in a box! Thank you so much. VHS has already helped me with SMD soldering in the past and I might need more of that in near future.

I have few more less interesting items (dev boards and raspberry pi alternatives ) as well which I will post another time.

1 Like

Hey @miladh! Sounds great! We have actually just come into posession of a pick and place machine and another reflow oven which might be of interest. Chad very kindly helped us get set up with that. Give us a shout when you get around to smd stuff.

Apparently the pick and place works really well, so might be a good option for bigger runs. And of course we still have our regular smd oven which is now set up with leaded and unleaded profiles.

https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/essemtec-tool-donation-screen-printer-pick-place-re-flow-oven/12788

1 Like

@Janet Awesome! That would be great. I am waiting for more parts to arrive and doing more testing right now, but I am hoping to have a run of 10 boards when everything is ready. Chad arranged it last time to solder the test unit and it turned out well using smd oven.

You probably hear from him or me when we have everything ready for pick and place or smd oven.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Can confirm that @miladh is an excellent human. Not only did they give me a giant box of drone parts, they also sent a ton of information about said parts that will be super helpful.

Small donation to BC Children’s Hospital has been made with pleasure.

Thanks again!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.