December 6, 2014 Class: Programming 101 with Arduino and LEDs

What
Learn the basics of programming
AND a bit about Arduino AND feel the dopamine rush of making electric
rainbow colored fire light!

We’ll be using the same kind of lights that are in one panel of our giant wall of LEDs11. That’s 64 LEDs. If you already have the LEDs and power supply from our group buy then you can attend for free.

When
December 6, 2014 (Saturday) @ 13:00. See your job for registration deadline.

Who
Anyone! You? YOU. Max 10 people.

Where
VHS main room

How
…much: $75 for the LEDs + power supply you get to keep! $30 Arduino UNOs are available from the vending machine.
If you already have the LEDs and power supply from our group buy then you can attend for free.

…long: 2-3h, based on interest.

Your job
RSVP to this thread so people can count how many spaces are left.
Register on or before November 18, 2014. (was November 12)
Contact dan through https://www.marginallyclever.com19 to register.

You must provide your own laptop and a USB A to B cable like so: https://www.marginallyclever.com/shop/cables/usb-cable-a-male-to-b-male-1.5m4.

Is Nov 1 on at 1 pm?

Paul S. Gill

VE7PXG

which date is wrong

When

November 1, 2014 (Saturday) @ 13:00.

Register on or before November 25, 2014

When

November 1, 2014 (Saturday) @ 13:00. See your job for registration deadline.

Well spotted. Thank you! It has been fixed in the this thread.

To clarify: there are now two sessions, correct?

November 1 @ 13:00 (registration deadline in that post is November 25, 2014, but it doesn’t matter because the course is full)
December 6 @13:00 (date in this post/thread shows November 1, 2014 and registration deadline is October 25, 2014)

Inez

This is what I get for reading talk on my phone. Both threads should now be correct. Muchos gracias!

Sent a message at your website, RSVPing for myself and my wife! Woo. :slight_smile:

I would like to sign up for the Dec. 6th class, are there spaces left?

Yes. If you don’t have parts already, Send $75 to sales at marginallyclever.com, put “dec 6 class” in the notes field.

I have posted the first two parts of the class online already, see the November class thread for details.

Hello, everyone!

I am extending the sign-up deadline for this class up to and including November 18.

Notice of intent to attend, or the R to the RSVP.

If space per its I would like to do this again.

Paul S. Gill

VE7PXG

@sIGNgUY - bring the right LEDs to participate and you’re welcome to join in. Same goes for any previous participant.

@alchemistletoe - paypal $75 cad to sales at marginallyclever.com, put “dec 6” class in the notes field.

Is there any spot for Dec 6 class?

So it sounds like the space is going to be empty/closed on that date, what’s the plan for this class in that case?

1 Like

I’m very interested in the Dec 6th class as well. I do know that you guys are in the midst of moving so please let me know if the location is changing or if you’re in need of some space to host the event.

(I dropped in to the space a few days ago and spoke briefly with a nice fellow at the door and would be happy to help if I can)

Let me know if a) this is still on, b) if it’s in the same spot, c) if you need help with another spot… and if it’s on I’ll shoot you guys some money however it needs to be sent. And one aside… I’m not overly clear on how I become a member (although I’m only just starting to browse the messages. But I’d like to sign up.

Thanks!

The space will be open but everything is upside-down. I am working on an alternate location right now. More news as it happens. If all else fails it will be at VHS and I will make it work.

I would also like to attend the course. Can I still join?
I have no equipment yet, so I will be buying everything. (Will the Arduino vending machine be available?) I will send through the $75 payment shortly.
Thanks Mike

CONFIRMED: Makelabs has graciously allowed us to have the class at their location on Saturday.

2 Likes