Dead 80's marine autopilot

HELP PLEASE!! I am looking for an old school electronics whisper who can help me bring my Wagner series 50 marine auto pilot back to life.

I have the control unit off the boat with manual and spare parts in Vancouver.

A current hack space member Farrell Segall suggested I post here looking for help.

If I am posting in the wrong spot could someone let me know where I should post.

Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Hi,

1. Do you have a picture of it?
  2. Do you have any user or service manual?
  3. What are it’s symptoms?

Assuming service info is available (schematics and such) then I can take a look at it but can’t promise any timely results…

2 Likes

Can you take it apart and take lots of pictures of the circuit boards?

2 Likes

@Worldvoyager Farrell is a good friend of ours and you have come to the right place. Looking forward to seeing some photos of the inside of the autopilot. Please post em when you can.

2 Likes

Some of these old autotillers are really cool! Maybe this schematic will help. Bad cert, but a valid site.

https://www.schematicsforfree.com/files/Automotive%20&%20Transportation/Marine/Autopilots/Wagner%20Series%2050%20Autopilot%20Full%20Manual.pdf

Love owners manual from the past that include a schematic, expected voltages and waveforms, PCB layout and a complete parts list…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.