Cutting Board Workshop - February 5th, 2022

Hi All

I’ll be planning out another cutting board workshop February 5th and run from 10:30 am until we are complete. This will be a 1 day workshop intended for those who have some woodworking experience. You will be provided all the materials needed to make your cutting board including the wood, glue, and all the finishes needed and will able to make your cutting boards from scratch. This is a great applied workshop that will take you through many of the woodworking tools you might use for any future projects and a chance to use some really cool exotic woods for your boards.

If you would like to see some of the past boards that were made by other VHS members or myself checkout our instagram: chop_x_chop

Spots will be capped at two people because of Covid. Please be sure to use the booking system to reserve a time slot for this as well.

If you just need to be checked out on the tools please let me know and we can arrange a separate time.

Cost on the workshop will be a total cost of 130 as follows:
$40 - Material costs (wood, glue, mineral oil, wax) - Paid to me via email money transfer.
$40 - My time (a few hours of instructional time) - Paid to me via email money transfer.
$50 - Tool Orientation for those who are not already familiar with the Table Saw, Jointer/Planer. - donation to VHS directly. Just show me an email receipt/donation to the drop box.

2 Likes

Hey Phillip,

Thanks so much for offering this again. I’ve just booked time on the 5th Feb from 10:30am. Please can you message me details in order to be able to send you the money? I’ll make the $50 donation to VHS directly and send over the receipt when that’s done.

Thanks again! Looking forward to the 5th Feb!

Rich

Hi Phillip,

I’d like to reserve a spot! If I already have training on the table saw is there a different cost for the tool orientation?

Thanks,
Mel

Yes - that is pretty fair if you have already been trained up on the tools that portion of the cost would be divided by 2 and donated out to the hackspace.

This workshop is now full. I think the next cutting board workshop will be planned out a few weeks before Mother’s day - but if you want to make a cutting board let me know and we’ll arrange some time on a one on one basis.

1 Like

Hey @Phillip_Ma,

Looking forward to next weekend!

I’ve made the $50 donation to VanHack as per the cost outline above. Are you able to send over the email address for the money transfer, and I can send the proof of donation over at the same time?

Thanks so much.

Thanks - i’ve followed up with you on slack!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.