Things we need to physically do to the space:
Here are some resources: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-professionals/clinical-resources/covid-19-care/signage-posters
On front door:
- reminds people that if they have experienced covid-19 symptoms (list of symptoms) within the last 14 days they should not enter the space.
- lists physical distancing measures in the space;
- reminds people to wash hands when entering and leaving the Space
- reminds people to wash hands frequently
- reminds people to sanitize contact surfaces after touching and when leaving the space
In the lobby:
- Signage directing people to the sink in the kitchen for hand washing (once a working sink is installed)
- Keep 2 Metres Apart signage; can get creative… Darth Vader’s arm span is 2 metres, FYI
- reminder that as we do not have paid cleaning staff, it is the Member’s responsibility to sanitize contact surfaces when they leave the space.
Throughout the space:
- reminders to wash hands frequently (every 30 minutes or after touching face)
- reminders to keep 2 metres apart
- reminders to sanitize contact surfaces and shared tools when you’re done with them
- reminders on garbage cans to wear gloves and a mask when taking out the trash, and to immediately wash your hands upon returning inside
Reminders at sinks to:
- wash hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds,
- give the tap handles a wash while they’re at it
- Installing the sink in the kitchen (I am currently working on this project, should be complete by this weekend, if I can get the damn drain unplugged)
*build paper towel roll holders for the bathrooms
- install a barrier between the two electronics benches (can be as simple as plastic vapour barrier)
- build a barrier down the middle of the main work table (can be as simple as plastic vapour barrier hanging from ceiling)
- attention tags on high-contact areas to help people to do a thorough job of sanitizing at the end of their stay: light switches, hand rail on stairs, door knobs, chair backs, tables, power bars, etc.
*feasibility of turning the furnace fan on 24/7 to promote air changeover?
*work on making it easy for the windows to be opened up in the summer to promote air flow (this is a longer term project)
*sanitizer kits placed in strategic locations around the space, with sanitizing instructions. 70% Isopropyl alcohol appears to the fastest-working disinfectant, so I have rustled up some, and am working on rustling up more; if you have a line on some, let’s see what we can do about getting it into the space. I want there to be like a dozen bottles of the stuff in the space, each with a paper towel .
- more isopropyl
- spray bottles
- labels and instructions for sanitizing (let stand for 1 minute, do not get in eyes, do not mix with other cleaning fluids, etc) printed on the bottles in laser printed (ie not soluble in isopropyl alcohol)
*nitrile or latex gloves
I invite everybody who is able to take on a task or two, and get 'er done.
If people have other ideas, let’s share them and see what we can do about making them happen.
Thanks everybody, stay safe