Cool tools at VHS - The Vaquform DT2 Vacuum Forming Machine

This article popped up on Hackaday today.

Did you know that VHS has its very own Vacuum Forming Machine that you can play with?

The Vaquform DT2.

Already used it? Please show us what you made!

4 Likes

Heck yeah! Honestly, it’s one of the reasons I was interested in joining xD Is there a training thing before using it?

2 Likes

I found the online manual for the machine really straightforward. There might be a couple sample sheets still left hanging around, but otherwise potentially @mike might be able to sell you some he bought, or Vaquform’s online store, or Amazon will have you covered.

1 Like

All tools should have a wiki (if you find something with out, it is a wiki, so feel free to add, or edit).

The Vaquform wiki is found here and includes the manual link (which is the only training required) and other useful info. If you gleen some awesome info about it, do please feel free to add to it.
https://vanhack.ca/doku.php?id=tool:vaquform_dt2

This was one of the tools I helped bring in through an Amazon tool trade and while it doesn’t get a lot of visible responses, it has been used for some awesome things. (Sorry, I’d post one of the things I’ve made, but its a NSFW candle mold :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes