Computer parts donation request

Hey all, person who is doing the build is my friend Joe. If you want to contact him to let him know what you have and arrange pick up his email is joe@joefulgham.com

Looks like just need a gaming keyboard and mouse

I have a new wireless mouse (relatively recent) if you want it

Yes please. Can you drop off at vhs? Just let me know when :slight_smile:

I’ll probably be able to leave it today for you, I’ll let you know once I do.

1 Like

I left it on the Dropbox, it still has my name on it (3bien)

I do not know if it will be feasible in your case because the Core i5 4570, if that is literally what you mean without any suffix to the model number, apparently has a Thermal Design Power rating of 84 W and I guess a “gaming” video card means it uses so much energy that it needs at least one fan and an auxiliary connection to the power supply but if you can use a picoPSU DC to DC ATX power supply instead of a typical AC to DC ATX power supply then you can avoid having a fan in the power supply because having fans in computer equipment sucks when one is used to silent, solid-state computers with nothing spinning but it sounds like you have an 84-watt CPU so I guess you will have at least one fan in the computer, yuck. Fanless x86-64 computers for the win. Computer fans and hard disc drives for the lose. I am writing this message on a Dell Latitude 13 7370 model of notebook computer (that has still never been on top of a lap since I have acquired it) whose fanlessness, among other features, is awesome. It uses an M.2 card for the internal SSD so cannot have an internal HDD even if one is a masochist and seriously wants to use a computer running from an HDD instead of an SSD. I bought the computer used/refurbished on eBay so it came with a 256-GB SSD that I cloned onto a 2-TB SSD, was pleasantly surprised when I needed to remove the bottom of the chassis to replace the internal SSD that the screws that hold the bottom of the chassis in place are captive so I do not have to worry about them falling off of the table on which I am working and getting lost. Yes, I realise that this model of computer lacks a discrete GPU but I have not really run anything on this computer that seems like it needs a powerful GPU so I do not know if the lack of a discrete GPU matters in this case. I have a 45-watt USB Power Delivery power supply for the computer and everything powered by the computer, including the integrated LED-backlit IPS AMLCD, instead of using 84 watts for only the CPU but I am aged thirty-five years so the computer game I play is called Real Life so I guess I do not belong in this topic, haha.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.