CoderDojo forming up

Hey folks,

CoderDojo is a project of the Raspberry Pi foundation aimed at creating opportunities for kids to learn to code. I’ve started setting up a chapter, initially associated with the space as venue, and it would be great to get a few VHS members signed up to help as mentors. If you’re interested in helping out, please register as a mentor here or just ping me on Slack if you want to be involved more informally. :slight_smile:

I don’t know offhand when I’ll want to hold the first meeting, maybe in about a month? My older kid will probably be half Ninja, half mentor; the younger one may or may not be interested in learning. :slight_smile:

There are already a bunch of suggested projects we could choose from, I welcome suggestions too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think we’ll probably want to use the upstairs meeting room, depending on attendance. Not sure yet what days/times. If we get a lot of interest, we’ll probably need to move our meetings to a VPL branch; they have free meeting rooms for nonprofits.

2 Likes

I hope it isn’t too hot up there for the group. Definitely move down to the main part of the space if it is. Also awesome you are doing this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.