So, somebody a while back donated a couple CE Smart Home switches to VHS (I think @JohnC)
I took one home to see if it could be re-programmed. The answer was yes! There are instructions on this github. Unfortunately, this required me to cut apart the case of the switch to access the plug inside, and the bare board isn’t appropriate for use.
So, armed with my calipers, I went to work CAD’ing up a case, pretty much copying the original. After
This is after a decent amount of trial and error…
But it works great! Snaps together, button fits, nice and safe.
When we had these buttons, there was a bit of uncertainty about how to mod them safely (though there may be a software hack). I’m rather confident that these will make relay control of various items pretty easy though.
I’ll be posting more details and all files on thingieverse/github soon. Hit me up if you want em RIGHT NOW.