Call for nominations: VHS Speaker Series!

I posted this to FB a few weeks ago and now it’s time to take it to the HNL[1]:

Hey, artists, makers, scientists and hackers… I’m starting a speaker series at the hackspace. I’d love it if you could come give a talk about your background, your process and your challenges. Maybe an hour plus Q&A? WDYT?

I have one friend already lined up, he’s a glass artist who uses CNCs to make molds, and is also involved in building and maintaining the maker space at Emily Carr.

Please get the word out, and nominate anyone you think would like to give a talk, maybe give a presentation, and answer some questions! They can be a VHS member or not.

I’d like to have at least six speakers lined up, so we can make a poster and do some promotions around the series. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking once a month would be good; perhaps on opposite Wednesdays to the woodworkers’ guild meetings?

WDYT? Know anyone really interesting? Want to be a speaker? Got some slides already dusted off? Please let me know. :slight_smile:

1: a Hole Nother Level.

3 Likes

I could use some help with this!

• Nominate people!
  • Design a poster (with enough space for 6-10 names, dates and short bios)

Here’s a free poster template service you can use. Works great and you just fill in the blanks. Has all kinds of templates. www.canva.com

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.