Baofeng Programming Cable

Does anyone have a programming cable for programming a Baofeng radio? I’d like to borrow it for a bit to program in some of the VECTOR frequency list into my radio. If anyone else wants to program their radio, then maybe we could get together and do it at the same time at the space.

1 Like

Yup I have the cable.

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
Harondel@pdscc.com
604-739-3709

I also have a cable and started playing with a frequency list to use but kinda lost traction…
Lemme know when you plan to do this and I’ll try to meetup…
I’m planning to be at the Space on Tuesday evening but other nights may work…

I also have the cable. Let’s meet up and figure out some good programs to have set in there. The BC rural road frequencies are great for those who venture off pavement.

This is my justification for buying a radio. I am out of cell-service so often, and sometimes doing dumb stuff. Might be a good idea to have a way to call for help if needed.

I use the Resource Road frequencies to not get crushed by logging trucks mostly. There is a procedure to call out your vehicle description, your location relative to the start of the road, and your direction of travel.

@Rob_MacKenzie @hjsvhsweb @packetbob Would you guys be available to meet up tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday evening and program up our radios?

I’ll be there Tuesday night…

1 Like

I’ll try to make it tomorrow night with radio and programming cable. I
assume a laptop with the appropriate programming software? What do folks
recommend software wise, for Windows, Linux and Android, bonus marks for OSX?
Anything opensource that’s also cross platform?

While I’ve never done this before, I was going to try CHIRP since it supports OSX and is open-source.

I’ll try to make it down tomorrow (Tuesday) for an ARC meeting :smiley:

@hjsvhsweb The software to look into is CHIRP. Don’t download anything from the manufacturer, everything else is garbage compared to it.

CHIRP, right, now that you menttion it, I think that was the recommendation
during the course.

The VECTOR frequency/channel list is here

Aaaaand… I can’t make it tomorrow. :anguished: I was double booked. Availability next week is much better for me (of course, don’t let this stop anyone from going tomorrow).

I’ll still be down tomorrow night with my cable…

I’m still planning to come, what time should we start? Does VHS ARC still
have a dedicated area?

I’ll be there around 7:30ish…
VHS ARC no longer has a dedicated space as it was not being used by anyone…
Not sure of it’s status…

When you decide on a list of frequencies, it would be great if you could publish them here please… or provide the CHIRP export file.

Many thanks

Ian

1 Like

I also have the cable. Will be at the space on Thursday evening.

It would be interesting to compare channel allocations. I’ll post my list later on today. ( I also have all the RR- channels )

For programming the radio, do we need the software on our own computers? If so, I’ll have to wait until next week after I get my new computer set up.

However, I’ll try to make it down tonight anyway.