Automated Mushroom Farm Project

20 year old mushroom farm in Lower Mainland is looking to modernize and automate growing condition sensors, using open-source software called Mycodo. Looking for experienced electronics hobbyist to help build and install.

Project Scope
Assembling the necessary hardware parts based on Kyle Gabriel’s recommendations,
Installing mycodo on assembled hardware.

I will be there in lockstep learning how to build it (I will eventually need to build 20 of them)

Compensation: free mushrooms for life!

1 Like

Hi @Champapi,

I’m a member at Vancouver Hack Space and also am the founder of Craft Metrics, a company focussed on modernizing the craft brewing and winemaking industries. We also do some agricultural sensors particularly for wine vineyards and cider orchards, and have implemented soil moisture sensors and OpenSprinkler for customers in the past.

If that sounds like a good fit to you, feel free to reach out: luke@craftmetrics.ca

2 Likes

OOOH this is really cool!!!

This is something I’ve been interested in starting for awhile… but alas I am limited by space. I tried to convince my partner’s roommate to let me automate his garden but he said he “has his way of doing things” which apparently includes complaining about the endless watering lol… Some people really are that averse to change.

My partner uses lion’s mane, turkey tail and reishi supplements for her senior dog, but the cost is extremely prohibitive.

Other than an interest in mycology and time I don’t have much to contribute but would be interested in helping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.