Arduino Lantern Workshop - Programming and Art!

Still Moon Arts Society is hosting a 4-day Arduino Lantern Workshop, combining art and technology to create beautiful lanterns with a custom LED light show. Participants will learn how to use Arduino to program their own light patterns, then learn how to make bamboo lanterns to house their custom light display. The workshop is facilitated by @Johnny5 Andrew Tuline, and runs from September 3rd to 6th at the Slocan Park Fieldhouse, 5:00-8:00pm each day.

The 4-day workshop costs $100 before Eventbrite fees. Each participant is provided with a pre-assembled LED kit, which includes an Arduino Nano, a 1 meter strip of WS2812 based addressable LED’s, a USB cable and a USB power bank. Basic programming knowledge is recommended, and you must bring your own laptop with pre-installed apps. To register or check out all the details, visit this link: Arduino Lantern Workshop Tickets, Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 5:00 PM | Eventbrite

The Arduino Lantern Workshop is part of our larger series of workshops happening in September leading up to our 17th Annual Renfrew Ravine Moon Festival, which celebrates the harvest season and the full moon. The festival is happening on September 14th and attracts thousands of attendees each year. These lantern workshops have been organized so that you can bring your creation to the Moon Festival and join in on the festivities. Check out the information for the Moon Festival and other events at these links:

Moon Festival Facebook Page: 17th Annual Renfrew Ravine Moon Festival

Moon Festival Workshops: Redirecting...

Please let me know if you have any questions!!

5 Likes

Amazing! I highly recommend Andrew’s classes - super useful and inspiring.

2 Likes

Andrew’s lanterns are inspiring. His class was great. Lots of great info and very cool to see what magic you can create LEDs and lanterns!

2 Likes

I’ve signed up for this…

3 Likes

The Renfrew ravine moon festival is a really cute family-oriented lantern festival. :100: recommend to attend the festival even if you aren’t in the LED workshop. Much magical fall energy.

3 Likes

Sadly missed this but looks awesome

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.