Anyone want laser cutter training?

I’ve created an event: Laser Training - May 9, 2017 and signed you all up to it.

Just moved this to the Issues & Requests section and making it a sticky in that category!

I would be interested whenever the next training session is.

1 Like

I’m definitely interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AlexKennedy I’ve added you to the list based on your thread.

I am considering Monday, May 29th as the next course. In the evening (~6:30pm) @ryanmaclean @AlexKennedy @covertneko would that work for you?

Works for me

Hey Logan, I’d be really interested if there’s space. I’ve used Laser cutters before but want to get familiar with the one in the space.

Hey so this isn’t happening tomorrow due to lack of responses, right? Just want to make sure I don’t miss it if it is.

Hey @covertneko, @hughl87,

At the moment there doesn’t seem to be enough interest. If we can get one more person together then I would be really happy to run a laser training course.

I’m in! Best to pester me on slack these days, pardon the late reply.

I am interested . Greg 604-671-3327

Right on everyone. How does next Monday sound? Monday June 5th?

That works for me

AWESOME!

Yeah, I’m a little not used to this forum, so I kinda didn’t see this thread and I had a small heart-attack as I thought training had already been done. But now I see it’s up for June 5th, Yup, I can totally make it!

Training signup session: here

Hello,

I am a new member and would like a laser cutter training. Is there a session any time soon?
Who do I ask to have one?

Hi @LaShop, you came to the right place. This is where people can request training. We don’t currently have a training session scheduled since we typically schedule them based on interest. I’ll get the ball rolling for you :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I visited your facility on Tuesday. Really liked it. My understanding was that they give training session quite often. The laser cutter is the machine I need to use to make my project. I was told that I had to become a member and then request training. If there won’t be any training soon can I get a refund? There is no point for me to pay for something I can’t get access to. I would then pay a membership close to the date there would be a training session.

Thanks.

Hi LaShop,

You expressed interest in the laser cutter - therefore laser training will happen to accommodate you.

However, please remember that we are all volunteers and therefore it comes down to who is willing to volunteer their evening to make it happen. Typically training happens at the very least, once per month, and often more frequently. There are several members who can give training (including myself) and who are eager to do so when they have time. I have started the ball rolling about setting up a training session but please give it a day or two (or at least once people get off work from their day-jobs) to read the forums and figure out their schedule.

Logan