Anti-virus software advice

Even though I have 6 months left on my current subscription, I am seeking recommendations to replace the Kaspersky anti-virus software on my 3 Windows computers. Since you folks are the geekiest people I know (that is a compliment) I’m hoping for some recommendations and why you recommend them. I’ve been using Kaspersky for the past 3 or 4 years but, in the past, I have used McAfee and Norton. While I switched for various reasons, I am not opposed to giving them another shot if they are, indeed, the better choice these days. Obviously I want the software to provide excellent protection but impact on computer resources during scans and updates is always a consideration.

1 Like

For what it is worth I just use the built-in Windows Anti-Virus on my three Win10 machines at home…

5 Likes

Same as Bob here. Have not had issues.

2 Likes

That is interesting. In the few reviews I read this morning, Microsoft Defender received fairly positive reviews with the caveat that you need to be diligent about practicing ‘safe computing’ as it does not protect you from your own stupidity as well as the commercial packages.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

In the past I have set up a few people with McAfee which seems to do a good job if you want that extra lil bit of protection. Not sure where the 2022 version is at.

1 Like

I use nod32 from eset

If you have Shaw Internet you get McAfee for free from them

2 Likes

Thanks, Steve. I’m a Shaw customer and knew that once upon a time and then completely forgot about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.