Adjustable benchtop power supplies

VHS is selling off our remaining spare power supplies.

They look like this:

There are ten (10) reserved for VHS, either labelled with “DO NOT SELL” or with the VHS sticker.

These are them:

Don’t take those.

We are selling the good ones for $50 (which is an awesome deal). Test them before you take them.

Some of them are not happy:

(Most are not labelled)
These have been dropped, but they are probably really easy to fix for the electronically inclined. They are $25. This is a really really great deal.

If you would like one, grab it whenever you are at VHS next and give cash to Donatio.

Again, don’t take the ones with the VHS sticker or the “DO NOT SELL” tape written on them, please.

1 Like

Can we pay via paypal using the one time donation button on the site? I’ll even throw in a little something something for the paypal fees.

Yep.

what are the specs on these?

Most are GW-Instek GPS-3030D

Thanks. Sent the info to the interested party

1 Like

I’ll take two.

Would anyone be able to help pick and confirm which are functioning properly?
Aside from testing whether the output is correct, are there any other things I should check?

I can pick them up tonight at around 8~8:30 if the space is open.

Check the current limiting - wind the current knobs back to zero (left), set the voltage at say 5V, short the +/- pins and check the current limit is engaged. If you are happy with the math, find an appropriate load and check where the current limit engages.

I was going to swing by this week and grab one of these. Can someone (@Jarrett) confirm if there are any left for sale? I don’t want to walk off with anything I shouldn’t.

I never did end up getting those, so I imagine they’re still there. I did take a look at them though and you should know that they’re analogue and not really calibrated. I tested 3 of them with a DMM and the two that did work were off by a couple volts =/.

I wanted digital, but I didn’t find any when I looked. If there’s a digital one available I’m still looking to buy it.

Sorry, I didn’t get this notice while I was at the space yesterday.

Last I checked (over a month ago), there were still a pile left under the soldering benches, close to the pillar. Some of them were digital, so maybe the situation has changed.

My understand was that any power supply that had a VHS sticker was not available for purchase. It was only those without a label that were up for grabs.

We should have a garage sale and get rid of stuff like this we don’t need.

I think I grabbed the last digital one, and payed my $50. I haven’t dug too deep though.
The digital ones are often out by a few tenths of a volt too, whenever I use one I pretty much always check using a meter. I have an old analog one at home that’s out by about 2 volts, but with a meter, hey, it’s suddenly digital.

1 Like

I rooted around last night and I could only find two analog power supplies left. One had a sticker saying “no output” and the other was off by 1.5V on the high end and 0.5V on the low end.