8 cubic feet of PLC hardware to unload

My last employer had these PLC’s and cards and associated stuff up on shelves, they thought better to have me offer them to the local Hack Spaces before sending the lot to recycling.
If anybody think that these could be hacked, and trust me they can, let me know and let’s have a “Hardware Review” some evenings this week?

2 Likes

Do you have any model info so I can search for info?
I’m interested in this…

In case anyone wants a primer:

This could be really fun stuff for someone interested. I wish I had cycles or I’d be all over this.

1 Like

Mike, what would you implement with a PLC and a bicycle?

PacketB., I was hurrying sorting and packing to shove in the truck, so, sorry, no model numbers. There is two PLC5 cages, a number of AB cards and stuff, IDEC, Mitsubishi, GE Fanuc, others…
Some are micro PLCs, only need the software (that should not be a problem…), some are more “full-fledged”. Eh, there might be a plenty of useless stuff, but it all depends on BOTH your maker AND hacker imagination.

Anybody else interested? Gotta make it worth my trip…

By the way, the “other” means of communication distribution VHS is using does not like me (it actually refuse to acknowledge me, who programmed that crap anyways??? Let me guess, Trump!) so if somebody could pass it on to make it reach the largest possible number of readers?

Thanks

Haha, PLC and a Bicycle! Yikes, that’s a fun one to dream up!

I think the most obvious one would be to make an auto-shifter.

You could probably come up with some fun things if you made the bicycle not function as a bicycle, but instead as a generator, and use the PLC to activate various modules based on input conditions, maybe like a marble machine?

If you have dangerous machines, you could implement safeties, for instance, if you have CNC machine and you want to automate dust collection, lights, warning signs, etc…

Shrug

Hey @SDY,

I will happily take the whole lot. I am interested in building devices that interface with PLCs, so an assortment of PLC hardware would be very useful.

I’ll sort through it and keep the best stuff, and recycle anything that can’t be used.

Thank you!

Hmmmm, I was hoping for the Space to use them but what the heck, it’s yours.

Who are you, where do you live, at what time should I drop off the stuff tomorrow morning?

PMed

Mike, I was just wondering about your non-available cycles, I am presuming you do not have enough time, right? Oh crap, I get it, you are a, gasp! AN ASSEMBLER PROGRAMMER!

'Took a while to (A) register, so, sorry!

I miss my PET. I miss the 6502. Anybody has interfaced a 6521 to an Arduino? 'Would be easy. But no machine language… The mechanical interfacing would be the problem, a 40-pin chip, that is almost as big as the Arduino board itself. Too much caffeine, I’m out.

2 Likes

Thank you, I am interested in the PLC, HMIs and Servos, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).

No servo or VFD’s (yet?), but if you are available this evening, and ready to share the loot with Lukecyca next week (on your own, contact him), we could meet at the Space, or at your place, and see what you would be interested in?

One thing though, the IDEC unit is to be given to VHS, I am certain they could use it for infrastructure operation. Everything else I unload from my truck (I have a box of non-PLC components somewhere in there) is open to your taking!

Please let me know today, I’ll be checking my email/this site (albeit haphazardly).

Hi Stephen,

Thank you! I am available this evening.
My interests are Electronics, Motion control or anything that can be used to generate or control motion: speed, position such as in closed loop/open loop (for tools, machining or optics and optics related controls), RF, Audio.

Thanks,
RK

@SDY only 8 cubic feet? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know! After 40 years in business! My workroom and locker must have 10 times that, and I am not a business! :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to revive this thread from a few months ago, but this stuff has now had ample time to be picked over. Anything that remains after 7 more days will be recycled.

If you want anything, please take it home. If you unbox it to pick through it, please tidy up and put it back in the boxes.

2 Likes

Will remove it this weekend, Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.