6040 CNC Training/Refresher - Postponed

This is the first training session on the 6040 CNC machine at VHS. This machine is suitable for plastics and soft metals like aluminum.

Prerequisites

Members only

This is more of a refresher course. You must have been trained on the Taig CNC at our last Cook St location, or have equivalent experience using a CNC mill/router. You must already know how to generate CAM GCode, preferably using Fusion 360 as that’s what I’ll be using. If you’re a bit rusty, that’s fine — we’ll go over it briefly.

Cost

Suggested $10 donation to VHS

4 people max - sign up below and indicate whether you had Taig training, or briefly what experience training you have.

Video of the machine

6 Likes

I’m in. Was all trained up by Brian on the Taig and did a few small projects.

4 Likes

I’m in. Training on Taig. Quite a few projects on Taig with F360.

1 Like

i’m going as well but i don’t count as one of the 4 so there is still room for 2 more people.

I’m in. I’m familiar with the Taig having done a few small things on it and I’m familiar with Fusion360.

I don’t know feeds and speeds by heart or Goode and always have to look them up.

2 Likes

Looking for one more victim…

2 Likes

Oh me me me. I have some experience with CNC machines, I know how to use cad and cam software. But i have no training on Taig machine and the control system you are using. If there is no one else who wants to do it, I totally want to do it.

2 Likes

If you’re ever feeling like running one for somewhat less experienced people. I’d love to hear about it. I have almost complete 640 at home, would inspire me to finish it.

5 Likes

I’m the same as Tom, would also love one for less experienced folks. Happy to pay for that also as I know it takes a chunk o’ time.

5 Likes

Our plan at the moment is to get a few of the more experienced members familiar with the machine so we can watch for issues and learn its eccentricities.

Then we can start other workshops in cad/cam and the machine its self.

sorry that this has been taking so long to get fully online.

3 Likes

Sorry everyone, I’ve decided to postpone this indefinitely.

I’m personally dialing back my non-essential outings and face-to-face contact for a bit due to the pandemic.

6 Likes

understandable…

Ya this seems smart

1 Like

We have a perfectly good plastic bubble for isolation. :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.