5 full-size ATX tower cases with ATX12V power supplies, DVD±RW drives, 3.5-inch floppy disc drives; also a laser printer; AC adapters; AC power cords; 8-foot drawing boards; ESD mats; bicycle rack for car; VW Golf/Jetta Wagon Mk5 cargo cover

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Asus
model name / number: TA951 (black-and-silver cases)
size / dimensions: 19 cm w × 43 cm h × 49 cm d

TL; DR summary, trying to be concise: I have these five cases/chassis with some peripherals but without motherboards left over from shrinking these full-size ATX computers to Mini-ITX computers and eliminating all of the fans from the computers, am seeking 200 CAD for all five cases but will sell them individually because no one on Craigslist seems to want them and they are only clutter since I shrunk the computers and eliminated the fans from the computers. Currently (2024‑02‑26) the cases and motherboards are in my home in Ladner and the other items are in a ground-level storage room with direct access via rollup door for loading and unloading from or to a vehicle at U-Haul on Nordel Court at Swenson Way in east Tilbury/North Delta, almost under the south approach of the Alex Fraser Bridge, but I have my own car.

Very verbose version: I have these cases left over after I replaced five fanful microATX or full-size ATX motherboards in these cases with fanful ATX12V AC to DC power supplies with fanless Mini-ITX motherboards in fanless Mini-ITX cases using fanless picoPSU DC to DC ATX12V power supply boards with fanless AC to 12VDC power bricks.

The three black-and-silver cases are Asus model TA951 that has an IEEE 1394 AKA FireWire connector on the front. The two all-black cases are a different Asus model that does not have an IEEE 1394 connector. Both models of cases have front connectors for analog audio and USB 2, not USB 3 due to the age of the cases.

The only damage seems to be the front USB connectors on one of the black-and-silver cases and the power indicator light may not work on one of the all-black cases.

All of the cases include a dual-layer DVD±RW drive (DVD rewriter AKA DVD writer AKA DVD burner) and a 3.5-inch High-density flexible disc drive AKA micro floppy disc drive using the IBM/Intel parallel interface, not USB, and a fanful ATX12V AC to DC power supply.

Four of the power supplies are the same model, Thermaltake TR2-430NL2NC (430-watt, switching power supply), and the fifth power supply is Sparkle Power model ATX-400PN (400-watt, switching power supply).

All of the power supplies have as downstream connectors:

• SATA power
  • large 4-pin peripheral power connector (misnomer: “Molex connector” because Molex is a manufacturer making hundreds or thousands of different models of connectors, not a specific type of connector)
  • small 4-pin peripheral power connector (misnomer: “floppy connector” because 5.25-inch flexible disc drives AKA mini floppy disc drives use the large 4-pin peripheral power connector and 3.5-inch flexible disc drives AKA micro floppy disc drives are not the only peripherals that use the small 4-pin peripheral power connector)
  • 4-pin 12-volt CPU power connector
  • PCI Express AKA PCIe power connectors that I think have never been used <rant>because I do not want a plug-in card such as a video card that uses so much energy that it needs an auxiliary connection to the computer power supply because it uses more energy than the socket AKA slot on the motherboard can supply, especially when using so much energy means the plug-in card needs at least one fan but, hey, why settle for only one fan on your video card when you can have two or three or possibly even more fans on a video card that needs an auxiliary power supply connection because it uses so much energy that produces waste heat during the summer so you can use even more mains electricity to run an air conditioner to remove all of that waste heat?</rant>

All of the DVD drives are ATAPI, some Serial (“SATA”) and some Parallel (“PATA” or “IDE”). At least one of the DVD drives supports the LightScribe direct disc labelling system.

If you are using an Asus motherboard then you only have to connect one block to the headers on the motherboard for front audio and USB connectors instead of connecting the individual wires one by one.

Two of the black-and-silver cases include a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) label on the side for Windows XP Professional Edition OEM in case you want to live in 2008 with Windows XP Service Pack 3. I do not know if these product keys are valid for the x86-64 edition of Windows XP, which is only Service Pack 2 so cannot be used for something that requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 (because WinXP SP3 was only released for x86-32).

These cases can house a full-size ATX or smaller motherboard and can use normal/high-profile PCI cards, not only low-profile cards.

All of the cases have each side separately removable so usually only the side opposite from the motherboard needs to be removed after installing everything in the case. All of the cases have only thumb screws to keep the sides on so you will not need to find a screw driver only to open the case.

The black-and-silver cases have folding pegs to hold 3.5-inch and 5.25-inch drives installed in the drive bays without needing a screw but the cases are too old to have a 2.5-inch drive bay but double-sided adhesive tape such as from Lordco if one wants to buy locally seems to work well as a simple mounting solution for 2.5-inch or smaller drives, such as to attach the drive to the floor of the case when the case is vertical.

The 200 CAD price is for all five cases. I prefer to part with all five cases at once so I can finally reclaim my floorspace after my x86 computer volume shrink and fan elimination project in the summer of 2023 but will sell the cases individually because no one seems to want all five cases as of 2024‑01‑25.

I also have two Asus P5E-VM DO fanful Socket T, which uses LGA775, microATX motherboards but this model of motherboard usually seems to have electrolytic capacitors blow/bulge as seen on the motherboard with the RAM modules (DDR2 DIMMs) installed – actually not shown because I seem to have reached the maximum amount of pictures I can upload in one post – and the motherboard uses DDR2 DIMMs instead of DDR3 but the Intel Q35 graphics and memory controller used as the north bridge unofficially supports 16 GiB of main memory, twice the official maximum of 8 GiB, if one spends around $50 per module for the low-density, high-cost 4-GiB DDR2 DIMMs that work with an Intel computer as opposed to the high-density, low-cost 4-GiB DDR2 DIMMs that only work with an AMD computer, specifically a Socket AM2 motherboard. A 5.25-inch High-density flexible disc drive AKA mini floppy disc drive works with this motherboard too, even in Windows 10 for x86-64 so presumably still in Windows 11 too but the build of AMI BIOS 8 from Asus only supports one flexible disc drive even though the flexible disc drive controller function of the Super I/O controller IC supports two drives but the drive still works in Windows 10 and is bootable too so one should even be able to boot IBM PC-DOS 1.x from 1981 and run VisiCalc from 1981.

I will consider trades too, such as a clean countertop microwave oven that achieves full coverage of the cavity without needing a turntable, which is apparently some or even most commercial models, which I did not realise until after I already got another household countertop microwave oven with a turntable. I do not want an oven to have a time of day clock, though, especially a 12-hour clock. I do not mind if the oven is like my current household countertop model that acts as a time of day clock but only if the user sets the clock because I simply do not set the clock so then the oven that does not need to know the time of day and has no backup energy source to keep the clock running during mains electricity interruptions does not act as a clock.

Other items:

• Brother MFC-4350 greyscale multi-function laser printer with fax modem: plain paper but uses parallel port instead of USB and does not have scan function except as part of copy function. From 1998 but still fully working, only downside is that, due to the age of the hardware design, the dialing directory/contacts are stored in volatile memory backed by a cell or possibly a supercapacitor instead of being stored in non-volatile memory. This printer was lightly used for faxes in my office for over two decades but we closed the office in Tilbury and ported the toll-free voice line and local fax line to VoIP.ms so now we receive faxes via email instead of on paper. This printer would be useful with a legacy computer system such as one that can use a parallel port but not USB.

• black cargo cover for Volkswagen/VW Golf/Jetta Mk5 station wagon/estate car

• SportRack bicycle rack for car

• Electrostatic discharge (ESD) mats, at least five I think. I need to count the mats and measure all of them the next time I will be at storage.

• two 8-foot dry erase drawing boards with white drawing surface, currently (2024‑02‑26) inaccessible it seems due to furniture from the office we closed

• one box of 2-wire AC power cords, at least fifty cords I guess

• hundreds of Baknor AC adapters: I tried to sell these on Craigslist in 2019 but no one seemed to reply and Craigslist has since purged old posts from my account but I foolishly did not save the text of this post I wrote outside of Craigslist so I lost the text but not the photographs of that post. I learned my lesson to keep my own copy of the text in addition to the pictures when posting. Basically we have many boxes of these unused adapters for 120 VAC to 12 VDC at 0.5 A = 6 W. The output is a barrel AKA coaxial connector with negative on the outside. Label on front of adapter:

Part number: BK120A5B5131EIP
CAT. No.: AZ - 12D - 0.5 - G
Input: 120 VAC 60 Hz 9.5 VA
Output: 12 VDC 500 mA
Polarity: diagram showing outer negative, inner positive

UL listed 37J9
E84294

CSA

LR68405

MADE IN CHINA

This forum seems to have a maximum of five uploaded pictures per post. I have already reached that maximum even though I wanted to include more pictures so I will post what I have composed so far and possibly try to edit my post later; if you read this post via email somewhat long after the original posting then please read this topic in the Web version to see the current version of the post.

1 Like

Here are photographs of the bicycle rack on a 2006 Mercedes-Benz B200:

Here is a photograph of the two Asus P5E-VM DO microATX motherboards:

The installed CPUs are Core 2 Duo E8400 or Core 2 Quad Q9450, not sure without removing the heatsink or powering on the motherboard but I do not want to do either of those things.

Here are photographs of the two 8-foot dry-erase drawing boards with white drawing surface AKA white boards: