2017 VMMF a week later

I thought I’d give a short rundown on the 2017 VMMF info booth.

We had consistent traffic through the booth as did the “learn to solder” booth.
I worked both days on the booth and got to talk to a lot of people about VHS and it’s equipment, people and projects.
Some of those have visited the space and I hope they will become members. Though most people were at VMMF to see technology in action I did speak to a few people who were looking for a space like ours.

As usual @Janet Makey Makey was a hit with kids of all ages, as were all of @packetbob projects, as were the LED wall and button maker.

Even though 3D printing is pretty much mainstream these days there were a lot of people wowed by the Tinkerine and we got to talk about the whole process. The giveaway 3D printed frogs and Darth Vader rings were popular too.

A couple of fun moments for me;
Often when we gave kids 3D printed frogs we suggested they give it a name - one girl who was probably six thought for a second then said “Captain Underpants” Two thumbs up from me!

The other was the impromptu beer garden session after closing on Saturday. I got to sit and chat with a lot of makers after a hectic day on the floor. Since I was driving I didn’t have a beer myself - but there was a cold one waiting for me when I finally got home.

For next year? Laser cut business cards, more interactive displays.
Thanks to everyone who helped with both booths. I think they are worthwhile in gaining new members which will help us move to a bigger and better space.

5 Likes

Nice!

I’ll be posting my post mortem later, but thank you for posting this!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.