1/4-20 to Go-Pro Adapter

I just bought this gooseneck adapter so that I could get tighter shots while taking timelapse photos.

Unfortunately my stand only has a male 1/4-20 thread and I can’t think how to attach the gooseneck.

Here is a picture of what I’m working with:

The best I can think of would be to take a small block of aluminum and tap a hole on one side, then adhering one of the GoPro adapters.

I’m wondering, is there an easier solution that I’m not seeing or don’t know about?

Bonus Question: What thread is that on the Bluetooth speaker?

2 Likes

we have kits at the space you can use to ID threads
haul everything down and you can figure it out for certain

3 Likes

You can buy them pretty cheap.

Otherwise I might have a spare I can get you from work.

Edit: You can force a clip end into the 1/4 20 tripod adaptor on the light stand and then clip the gooseneck into that right?

1 Like

Another option is you might be able to find something suitable to 3D print on Thingiverse.

The threaded portion could be tapped into the plastic, or you could use a captive nut, a tee nut, or an insert nut.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.14-20-tee-nuts-long-prong.1000129429.html

2 Likes

I wish I read that before hitting the one click purchase on Luke’s find.

I think I’m probably going to buy a small bag of those things you linked. After so many years watching the frugal filmmaker, I never saw him use those.

For this type of work I prefer these types of threaded inserts. They take less room and look much better on the finished piece.

Capture

1 Like

Oh yeah, those look much easier to work with too.

Have you found one yet? i have like 5. i can spare one for sure

2 Likes

Sorry, I would have but I already pressed the button. Thank you for the offer though.

1 Like

That’s funny pressed the button I like that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.