Your advice on building this unusual box, please

http://imgur.com/UyF2DQC

The top and bottoms are hexagon shaped and made of 1/4" steel. Each side is 25cm long. The sides will probably be similar. The height of the box interior is 150mm minimum. All the electronics (black and grey boxes) must fit inside the box. On the top of the box are mounted some motors, electronics, and switches. There could be as much as 600lbs placed on top of this box.

I can’t seem to dream up a design that’s satisfying. the current design is welded together. @Big_Mak suggested the sides be made of C-channel bolted to the top and bottom, but I can’t find any with a 150mm wide channel.

I need to be able to access the contents of the box, easily tighten all the fasteners (you can see some bolt holes from the top plate), and still withstand the shaking when the machine is moving literally every direction.

So… what do you suggest?

So you currently have 1/4" plates forming the sides currently and the problem is that
you want to assemble those side plates so that they’re all removable ?

OK here we go : 6 furniture legs, 6 sheet metal rectangles. screw sheets to legs.
If you can’t find 150mm legs, just use sticks of wood (round) and bend the sheets near
the edges to that the legs are covered.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.