So it’s been a while since I started some new projects…
I got a new camera a while back and have been thinking of some related projects…
Haven’t got started on any yet but thought I’d throw it out there in the event anyone else was interested…
Saw this video and got interested (https://vimeo.com/189240973)
Been looking at various tools and I’m thinking of building the following
- Single Pixel Light - Something flashlight shaped that can take various ends (lense for lighting areas, pingpong ball for painting, etc). Want something bright and RGB programable so leaning towards a Adafruit Pixie(https://www.adafruit.com/product/2741) driven by a NANO. I’d like to use a 3.7 V LION cell for power so will probably need a DC/DC boost power supply to get the needed 5V. I envision it all mounted in a length of plastic conduit with various attachments on the LED end. Something like what these guys make for a flashlight (https://lightpaintingbrushes.com/).
- Pixel Ring Light - A similar form factor but with a pixel ring on the end instead of a single LED. Perhaps a couple different sizes of rings. Again with a similar power supply and controlled by a NANO. Both would have controls for intensity, pattern, speed, etc… Need to come up with a simple control method (a few pots and switches or mebbe an encoder).
- Pixel Light Bar - A 1 meter length of 144 pixel strip setup like this (https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-painter/overview?view=all).
4) Camera Slider - Something like this (http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/time-lapse-camera-rail.1307/). But I’d also like to have a pan unit for the camera.
5) Camera Controller - Would also like to do some balloon bursting, water droplet, etc pictures and have been looking at various options. (http://photoduino.com/)
6) Star Pictures - Have nothing in mind for this yet but was in the boonies (no light pollution) for a few weeks and managed to get some decent star pictures (decent from my point of view) using just the camera aimed up using a few books to prop it, no remote shutter or anything fancy.
*YAP = Yet Another Project(s)
An affliction that leads to starting many more projects than you actually finish (though the plan is to finish them at some point)