Would you buy a "Teach yourself LEDs" kit from the vending machine?

A VHS member has LED strips left over from another project. They’re 15 LEDs each, WS2812B model (nearly the same as the big wall of LEDs). I’m gauging interest in a possible kit in the vending machine. It would have one strip and a paper with a wiring diagram and a link to a youtube video that would walk you through some examples, as well as a link to github repository with code you can copy paste. $5 ea.

Comment below if that would interest you.

This might make for a nice project for people coming in during open house. And even better if a portion of proceeds went to the space itself.

1 Like

I think it’s a great thing for the vending machine!

I would consider it if the kit included parts to drive the led strip ( could be an arduino nano clone + whatever else is needed to drive the LED strip ). Maybe in the form of a PCB + parts, so it could also be used in a teach SMD soldering class.

Dan,

I love intro kits with either instructions or instructions online.

I’ve bought a few tv b gones for friends that were checking out the space for the first time, but honestly the biggest hurdle to buying has been hiccups with the money acceptor.
2-3 times I’ve put money enough to buy one of whichever kit and walk away wiht it returning all my money in quarters. Then spending minutes trying to insert the quarters of exact change just to have it rejected again. At this point I usually resort to getting a blinky badge together and dropping some of my new quarters in the donatio.

I don’t know if there’s something that can be done; but the reliability of the payment acceptor is my biggest hurdle; beyond that, I’d probably buy a few intro kits a year for friends checking out the space.

The tv b gone is a nice kit, but if there was a cheaper kit with blinky lights then I’d be more willing to buy for friends; however the tv b gone is neat in that you can’t buy anything like it in a normal store.

So yes, but I’m probably not a huge source of sales.

1 Like

I believe that’s the @lukecyca’s party cat. Maybe more on that later.

probably instructions online so they can be updated as improvements are discovered.

The vending machine circuit I’ve talked about is still ongoing, nearly two years later.
I don’t get to the space as much these days, which slows things even more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.