Workshop: Leather and Lasers - Passport Wallet

boy… when my mamma tanned MY hide it didn’t look nearly that nice :stuck_out_tongue:

@jon huge dead thread revival here. Was wondering if you had a link to the Fusion 360 CAD for this project. Thanks.

1 Like

Thread necromancy in action :wink:

I believe this is the correct model: http://a360.co/2nbibHf

although, if memory serves, I think I cut the stitch density in half for the ones we made in the workshop.

1 Like

@TomKeddie, as I forgot to make sure he got a notification of that post ^^^

@jon did you ever do a second workshop in Feb? If not I’d love to jump in for the next one if you still are planning a second :slight_smile:

@jon now lives in Toronto, there was no follow-up unfortunately.

1 Like

bummer! Thanks for letting me know @TomKeddie

@SHuberts if you wanted to run one, I’m sure it would be very popular :slight_smile:

@jon didn’t have any specific leather knowledge before running this

4 Likes

Echoing what @Jarrett said above, the leather wallet that became the workshop project was basically my second leatherworking project (a little bit of experiments on the side). People saw what I was playing with, got interested, asked if I could show them what I had learned, so I ran the workshop.

Totally encourage people to run VHS workshops, even if you aren’t an “experienced expert” or something - jump starting others helps everyone.

2 Likes

@shuberts you should make yourself one anyway at VHS! Then run a workshop if you feel like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be ok with that for sure @Janet! I’m also interested in the technique so I can learn how to make some nice leather sleeves for the pens I make! Slap my logo on there, put the leather sleeve and pen in a wooden box, then sell sell sell! ;p

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.