Wiring Up a Lathe

I need some help determining the power requirements of this lathe and wiring it up. I have 210v 3 phase at the wall. I need 45 ft of wire to go up from the wall through the rafters and down to the machine. I think the machine has been converted for a north american market but I am unsure. The original owner lost the proper machine manual and the OEM has not been helpful.

Job is paid cost +++.

No Canadian or provincial special inspection sticker anywhere on it?

Where should that be located? Do I have to get that done?

Normally it would be beside the nameplate you translated. It confirms (when it is a REAL sticker) that the machine will not burn your house down. Home insurers, and spouses, like that.

I have no idea how the machine was imported… I have not seen that on other industrial machines that have been imported.

Welcome to BC, the new wild west… Basically, in British Columbia these days you can import and use anything you want. But if it hurts somebody, kills somebody, or burn down something, then “they” get all over you…

Just don’t get caught, and don’t let your home insurer know about it. And if you know an electrician, ask him/her to open the machine and take a look at the wiring and components, to make sure that everything is nice and tightened. Something you would still have to do if the machine was recognized by the proper North American authorities, as a matter of good habit (shipping mechanical shocks and vibrations do loosen things up).

:+1: Thank you.

Thank you @lukecyca !!!

5 Likes

Excellent!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.