Virtual spring cleaning

The locations of the hackspace might be another thing we should start cleaning up

Same with the SSL cert for the website
https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/ssl-cert-on-hackspace-ca/1815/11?u=funvill

Sorry everyone for falling off the earth on this one. Our family is moving May 1 so things have gotten a bit chaotic. I will get those updates to the website done soon and have noted the recent comment that under age attendance could be clearer on the membership page.

Hey @ashley and team, I’m just catching up on this discussion regarding improvements to the virtual infrastructure. I’m all on board for assisting in any way possible.

My lens is coming from an information design perspective heavily focused on the end user experience.
With the principles of “do-ocracy” in mind, I suggest prototyping and proposing an alternative design of the Wordpress website and how it would link to the other applications we use (Wiki, Talk…etc). After feedback and several iterations, we should be able to arrive at revamp that can be launched meeting most users’ needs. This will be a looooong process but worth it!

Because user-centred design is where it’s at, I would also suggest a survey (print and online) so we can hear from as many members as possible about how they engage with the virtual platforms (what’s missing, what’s working and what isn’t, what might they not even know about) - especially members who may not be hyper active on Talk.

2 Likes

@jwhu I am creating a survey we hope to push to members soon. Asking many of the points you already touched on. I’ll try to get a working doc for preview on GDrive tonight. Send me what questions you want to know and I’ll integrate them!

2 Likes