VHS Wants You to RUN AN EVENT in June!

After Maker Faire we’ll have lots of interest in VHS, but right now we have very few events in the calendar. It would be great to be able to promote events at the faire.

What event can you run? Help us get people into the space for making/hacking/crafting/building by adding your cool event to the VHS Calendar.

2 Likes

I might be able to do another molding & casting workshop, and I might do a hand-casting workshop ( using algenate and plaster to make a copy of your hand )

5 Likes

A copy of my hand, on a sick for slapping co-workers is a dream of mine.

4 Likes

I’d love to do my airplanes workshop in June, but:

1. It would likely have to be closer to the end of June, as it can take quite a while to order stuff from China, and local suppliers are typically extremely expensive.
  2. I don’t have the capital to front the whole order, we would have to sell tickets first.

Last time I ran the numbers it looked like it would cost $145 if they didn’t need to buy a transmitter, $175 for a cheap one, and $215 for a half-decent one. Now that I have some experience with Aliexpress, I’ll redo the spreadsheet and see how it comes out.

At various times, @iMakeRobots and Karl (can’t find his username) have expressed interest in helping out with this project; @jon and @MarkHarris might conceivably be into it as well. :smile:

2 Likes

As long as it is in the calendar before maker faire it works!

1 Like

It would be great to have a Square reader or a web terminal and sign people
up for events at the fair.

1 Like

Happy to lend any help I can with what’s in common with multirotors, but I have no experience with fixed wing stuff.

Do we have a stockpile of TV-BGONE?

I might be able to run it as a “soldering 102” in mid June to get people who want to take it a bit further from the fair.

1 Like

I found the rest of my SMD star stash, @Janet has a few too. I can’t run it as I am away for most of June.

1 Like

Tx Tom. If you sell me your star stash I will run an SMD soldering night sometime in June.

2 Likes

Janet. I didn’t have the time to drop the kits off. You could call at my place one day after vmmf if it suits (am a blck away). Sorry, Tom

No worries Tom! Thanks

After talking about it with @hectorh, I’m pondering on throwing in a Bike Repair/Maintenance 101 workshop/night.

2 Likes

That’d be awesome. I think there would be a lot of interest.

I’ve been meaning to run the introduction to Sketchup class again. I’ll see about putting it on the schedule

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Terriblehack

Necro this thread, or start another? :slight_smile: