[VHS @ MakerFaire 2015] Show and Tell Ideas

Continuing the discussion from [VHS @ MakerFaire] Call for Volunteers:

As 3D printers are a hot thing right now, showing off 3D printers are bound to attract a good audience! But other than that and dragging the laser cutter in, there must be a few things that we could bring in that would be a great way to show off what VHS is all about and quite possibly attract new members in the process!

From my own personal experience at FanExpo last year, the quadcopters also do well, as well as the radios, the laser cut business cards, actually having RPIs and Arduinos around makes a difference as well.

I recall that the button maker (with blank templates for kids to colour) also was a great attraction last year.

Any other ideas?

If we can maybe laser cut an acrylic display box for it so hands don’t get all over it, I’d be willing to bring my laser crown and set it running. Blinky lights attract attention The fins are more delicate thank I’d like so I can’t have all the kids trying it on and dropping it… Bonus points if the display box is etched something like “please enjoy but don’t touch” and is edgelit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pop up display.

Paul S. Gill
VE7PXG

I think it would be beneficial to keep the 3D printers at the VHS booth vs the printing village - we would be one of many in the village, but at the VHS booth we can show what members get to use at the space.

Steve

1 Like

Maybe even do something “crazy” like print swag? Frogs maybe?

Frogs!!! Crazy idea.