VHS Equipment Review Project

Hi All:

There are various bits of equipment scattered around on shelves. I thought I’d take some photos to document what we have and get opinions on whether or not it is useful and perhaps get rid of anything that is not.

With that in mind I want to create a talk post for each piece of equipment.

Anyone who is interested can voice your opinions and perhaps take part in a poll on Keep, Bin, Sell or claim it.

If you know something about a particular piece of equipment then perhaps let us know. If it is decided that the equipment is going to be kept then it needs to be documented in the Equipment and Tools Wiki.

Be warned that if you feel strongly about keeping something at VHS you will likely be tasked with documenting it on the Wiki :slight_smile:

Just to keep things sane. I think we should give everyone fair notice and make this not first come first serve.

So with that in mind nothing is be taken from from VHS until we reach consensus on what to do with these.

Mark

3 Likes

As a general suggestion, if you say you’re going to take something, please commit to a date to pick it up.

@Majicj is investing a ton of effort in shifting a lot of unused equipment in the space. Let’s pay him back by shifting it out of the space in a timely fashion.

The less kruft we have, the easier our next move will be.

1 Like

Just to point out what Mark said again as it seems to being ignored somewhat in the threads so far:

1 Like

I would much rather see things being sold.or auctioned off with the proceeds going to the equipment fund than see equipment which has value walking out.

2 Likes

Where possible, it looks like Mark has added eBay prices to the threads.
There are not a lot of high-ticket items in the list.

If you want to take that on, it’d be awesome! It is a lot of work for
marginal gain, though. It would also be appreciated for people to give
whatever they feel is worth it to Donatio when they grab the
unneeded-at-VHS items.

1 Like

I can volunteer to be the “caretaker” of Spectrum/Network Analyzers and RF related equipment.
Best Regards,
RK

I find having 17 unread topic show up at once overwhelming and hard to keep track of.
i understand that not everyone needs to look at every thread, but i still think there might be a better way to engage everyone.
may i propose a wiki page for the inventory of all the equiptments? the discussion can be had in talk, but there can be just one centralized place to have all the discussion?
just my two cents, if someone else has a better idea, please post it.

Hi,
How do we take the instruments that we had expressed interest in (someone said remove them before July 21st)?
(1) If no one else is interested, does it mean that the items which were voted to be disposed off can be taken by the interested person?
(2) Donation to VHS:
Take the equipment by donating (will mention it in the Paypal payment) the fair Ebay price?
(3) Mention on this thread that item xyz has been taken?
Thanks,
RK

If you were told specifically that you can take a piece of equipment then please do so by the date specified

Nothing is to be taken until consensus is reached. Will do another quick review of remaining pieces. For anything that has consensus for disposal and nobody has indicated interest it will be put into the 3 week bin. Otherwise interested party shall pick it up

[quote]
(2) Donation to VHS:
Take the equipment by donating (will mention it in the Paypal payment) the fair Ebay price?[/quote]

At this point there has been no ask for any monies for specific equipment. However any donations to VHS will of course be gratefully accepted. Cash, Paypal or otherwise. :slight_smile:

Sure please indicate on the specific equipment thread that you have picked up that item so that we can close that thread.

Mark

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.