VHS Equipment Review Project - Part Four

Can I get a few crystals for Ham and a tube or two to repair my Heathkit Power Supply?
Thanks,
RK

Of course but please don’t take the 6 Marconi Vacuum tubes. These are going off to the Marconi museum.

Check with @Emerson on the green and black cased crystals. (the ones in the photo above) I.E. please don’t take them all.

As for all the other crystals do help yourself to as many as you need.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Okay, state of affairs:

CD/DVD ROMs Retire
PC Towers Retire
Outdated Electronics Parts Sorting?
Power Supplies/Misc Retire Most
Yellow Horizontal Bandsaw Keep
Manual Miller Keep

I saw that the Power Supply bins had been put back under the bench. Have they been sorted through by anyone? @SteveRoy

I saw one Post-It note on one Electronics Part bin labeled “Keep.” Does that mean the rest of them labeled with red tape are good to go?

The goal is to retire the undesirable to freegeek run this Saturday.

I think someone with more knowledge should take a closer look at the parts, because the keep label was after literally one look at them with an untrained eye and then asking on Slack if we should keep these.

Also paging @gimpy again for the DVD duplicator.

It’s not Rob’s. It magically appeared, unused and in its original box around the Cook St move. Retire.

I believe it’s a Blueray not DVD duplicator. Might be more useful to rip them out and keep for projects like a HTPC.

I say (digital?) Yardsale the duplicator

@gimpy, didn’t you try selling the duplicator yourself unsuccessfully?

The Blueray duplicator came from @RobertButterworth after a company shut down.

Final Warning

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HeartfeltAffectionateAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Caveats

• Someone took the trouble to go through both the computer stack and cardboard boxes, but didn’t document that in this thread.

• I went through the power supplies. None were over 300W, and almost all of them had suspicious modifications.

• The electronic parts were reviews by @Jarrett and @Majicj. @Emerson got the tubes he wanted, and I’m told @Majicj got the other tubes. The electronic parts are mostly unreliable electrolytic capacitors. @lukecyca learned this when trying to use them for his partycat boards.

• If the weather does not cooperate I may not be able to run them to freegeek tomorrow. If you do look at the stack, please keep it neat.

Warning: lots of photos.

1 Like

I got the tubes I needed.

Thanks

Mark

Hi @wander,

My buddy from Pt. Roberts HAM Radio club was unable to drive today to pickup the Electronics items pallet which we planned to pick up today due to the weather. Is it ok if it sits till Tuesday? We accept full responsibility of removing it from the space. I did come to the space to help him load (I am at the space), unfortunately his access road to his driveway is a total mess.

Thanks,
RK

Hi,

Could you clarify what you mean by the “Electronics items pallet?” What
specific items were you looking for?

Hi @wander,
(1) Pallet = The flat (may be a few inches high) wooden platform on wheels.

(2) I have taken the crystals and tubes.

(3) Today I will try taking light things for HAM (capacitors and other Electronic components in the storage bins with multiple small drawers).

(4) Pt. Roberts HAM Club/Hackspace also would like the Power Supplies, a couple of PC towers and 2 mini-macs.

(5) What we plan to take on Tuesday (and I couldn’t take today) we will leave on the “Wooden Platform on wheels” and the cart.

(6) If Pt. Roberts HAM Club doesn’t want anything and it remains, I assure you to that I will take it to the Hackery/Freegeek.

(7) Questions or Suggestions?

Thanks,
RK

If by Pallet you are referring to the dolly I made then please feel free to use it but the dolly should stay at VHS. Please do not remove it.

Mark

1 Like

Is that a working GTX1060 in that pile?

Yes, the dolly and the cart will stay at VHS, on the things stored on it and the cart will go to Pt. Roberts HAM & Hackspace.
Whatever remains (Pt. Roberts doesn’t want), I will take to the Hackery or Free Geek.
Thanks,
RK

Can you leave the two Dell PCs? We need them for a backup laser PC and a winXP system.

Sure, I will leave them on the cart.