Various links to old website

There are various links on the website (and I would suspect the wiki) that go to the “hackerspace.ca” url owned by that seemingly very upset fellow. I could find a way to track them down, but I’m not much of a web fellow so it will take me a bit. For all I know, in whatever software one uses to manage websites there is a built in automated way to check for a given url.

So;

A) if it is an easy built in task, then perhaps someone who manages the site can do that
B) if someone is an expert on such things and it would be an overly simplistic task, then they could do it
C) I’ll do it. May take me a little bit to figure it out as I’ve only written a crawler once and it was some time ago.

If I don’t hear from anyone for a while, I’ll go with C

Thanks friends

2 Likes

Hi Matt, thanks for taking action on this - @bruce and others have gone to a lot of trouble to track these down. Can you be specific with some links perhaps? Thanks.

search for a specified hyperlink - Google Search*

Is just a site specific google search. Some are agnostic (just referencing the domain change) but some are old discussions referring to it, dunno if ya want to keep those or toss them. There was a link somewhere in the introductory files (I’m a new user and by following links on the “Code of Conduct” ect) I wound up there, which I will try to track down now.

1 Like

Hmm harder for me to relocate than I thought. Shows me for not bookmarking it haha. I’ll find it eventually I’m sure.

Also this expense form says hackspace: http://vanhack.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Expense-form-v1.0.pdf

Easy open with nitro pro 9

Expense-form-v1.0.pdf (211.8 KB)