Tools for cheap - Tradeworks Garage Sale this Saturday

Tradeworks is having a garage sale this Saturday from noon until 3om. Lots of tools for cheap, wood (some free and some beautiful 3" thick clear cedar planks that are not so free), some office furniture, filing cabinets and various random stuff. Also, the stuff in the free pile is starting to grow again. If you’re making your rounds of the Culture Crawl this Saturday, stop in, say hi, and maybe get a good deal on some tools. Let me know if there is anything in particular that VHS needs as we’re happy to donate a few things.

Tradeworks is located at 882 East Cordova. Come to the bay doors in the alley directly behind Strathcona Beer at Campbell and Hastings.

6 Likes

New stuff we just added to the Tradeworks garage sale tomorrow:

• A huge amount of free wood, mostly cedar and pine beetle wood.
  • Two free bandsaws - one is a relatively new 14" Delta that has a broken table trunion and the other is an old 14" Rockwell with unknown issues. Both are probably good for stripping off motors and parts or for hacking into something else.
  • Two Delta Unisaw cabinet saws with wide tables and overhead blade guards. One of them has a huge, custom made outfeed/work table.
  • A large assortment of paint and stains, some slightly used, some unopened.
  • A large number of Makita cordless tools - working but no batteries or chargers.
  • Post hole diggers
  • Paint sprayer
1 Like

I ask this not knowing if my strata would allow me to have a bandsaw in our shop (and that the hackspace doesn’t presently have space for a larger bandsaw), but how viable would it be to CNC a new table trunion for the 14" Delta, or is it not worthwhile?

Or… is it possibly one of these models?

28-209 Type 1 Band Saw
28-230 Type 1 Band Saw
28-240 Type 1 Band Saw
28-248 Type 1 Band Saw
28-248F Type 1 Band Saw
28-348G Type 1 Band Saw
28-380 Type 1 Band Saw
28-475X Type 1 Band Saw
28-141 Type 1 Band Saw
28-200 Type 1 Band Saw
28-243 Type 1 Band Saw
28-276 14"3/4HP Motor Open Stand Band Saw
28-203 Type 1 Band Saw
28-348 Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-348F Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-306 Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-303 Type 1 Band Saw
28-300 Type 1 Band Saw
28-299 Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-299A Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-293 Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-290 Type 1 14" Band Saw
28-285 Type 1 14" Band Saw

… and possibly most importantly, if it were fixed, would it still be a bandsaw you would recommend?

@mike, I’m not sure which model it is off the top of my head and I’m not at the shop right now. I know that we have another identical one in the shop that we use daily. If it were fixed I would most definitely recommend it. The trunion may be available through some online Delta part resellers. I do know that both of the bandsaws will be going to the scrap dealer early next week if someone doesn’t take them.

1 Like

I personally think the delta would be great to grab if anyone can store it until we move. It would make an excellent upgrade from our 8" delta. Unfortunately I’m likely not able to make it tomorrow, nor would I have anywhere to store this; I don’t think my strata would allow this in their shop either, but I haven’t heard back definitely.

The free bandsaws are gone.

Great, hopefully they went to a good home. Unfortunately, we couldn’t arrange for storage space and transport in time for the space, and I didn’t hear from my strata (still haven’t).

I hope tradeworks got rid of everything they needed to get rid of :).

We still have a few tools and a crapload of computer desks (free) to divest ourselves of. I’ll post a link to the new Craigslist ad when it goes up sometime tomorrow.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.